~17~

Amiro walked out of the castle towards where Blaze wanted to meet him before they flew to Phalon. Blaze had told him they'd only be able to go halfway with him before they had to turn around and leave him alone, but he didn't care; all he cared about at this exact moment was finding Komori and making sure he was safe. He pulled at the feathers on his wings nervously as he approached Blaze. "Don't pull on your wings; you'll hurt yourself." That was the first thing they said to him as he walked up to them, and when he didn't stop, they slapped his hand away from his wing. " Amiro made an annoyed noise but didn't touch his wing again. "You'll do fine, Ami. I know you will. Even if you don't find him."

"It's not about him that I'm worried about; it's—I haven't actually flown in gods know how long..." Amiro stretched his wings a little, then let them fall limp behind him, the bottom wing dragging against the ground a little. Blaze rested their hand on his shoulder and looked at him. "As long as you can remember to just flap your wings, you can fly." Amiro let out a soft sigh and nodded. "Alright then, are you ready?"

"Yeah, I guess I am," Amiro whispered softly and stretched his wings again. Readying them for flight. Then, after a few seconds of waiting, he and Blaze finally took off. Flying after so long felt weird to him at first, but he quickly got used to it and was able to keep up with Blaze. Not too long after starting their flight, Blaze looked over at him. "This is where I must turn back to Asheora, but I wish you luck." Amiro thanked them, and as soon as they turned back, he sped up his flight, eager to get to Phalon as quickly as possible. He saw the ring come into view, and he slowed down to take in the area; it looked destroyed. Buildings were on fire, there were bodies everywhere, and he landed on a broken building, looking around the area for Komori.

He saw nothing for so long, then took flight again, heading for the other side of the kingdom. He landed on the ground this time and walked around to look. He searched for hours until he saw something move on an unattached island by the main ring. He flew over slowly, as if searching for some unannounced danger. Then he landed, and the sight before him almost made him sick. Komori was lying on the ground; his wings were completely broken, one cut off to the base of it and the other only half remaining. Komori himself was unmoving other than the occasional shallow breath and an involuntary stretch of his half-wing.

Amiro kneeled beside him and pulled him to his chest. He had dark black blood running from his mouth and some other wounds on his body; it was painful for Amiro to even look at him. "Hey, Komori. It's me, Amiro. Can you hear me?" He wasn't expecting an answer, and what he got was a small groan, letting him know he could hear him. Amiro's gaze shot up when he heard a low, familiar chuckle from in front of him. His eyes went wide, and he slowly sat Komori away from him, and he stood up. "How—why are you here? Kien?" He backed up slowly as he stared into the eyes of his former boss. "I was put in prison here after your little outburst; you ruined my life." His blue eyes shone with hatred and something else Amiro couldn't pinpoint. "How did I ruin your life? You did more than I ever did."

Amiro's wings fluffed out in anger, and Kien laughed. "Oh, so we're showing off our wings now? That's so cute." Amiro watched his wings spread out, and he began walking towards him until he was so close that the feathers of their wings were touching. "You're just as pretty as you were when you were mine, Coco." He hissed, and Amiro leaned back to get away from him as much as he could without falling into the lava around them. "Don't call me that." He snapped. "Oh, and why not? I thought you loved that name." Kien grabbed Amiro's arm and pulled him closer, resting his other hand on his waist. Then he leaned closer to his ear. His breath felt hot on his skin, and it made him try to pull away from him. "You're still a brat too, aren't you, darling?" Amiro shook his head, and Kien dug his nails into his hip. "Use your fucking words, or I'll tear you apart."

Amiro bit his lip and growled lowly under his breath. "No." Kien took his hand off his hip and pushed him to the ground. "You're being fucking rude right now for someone who claims to not be a brat. Would you prefer if I fucked it out of you? Hm?" Kien leaned down uncomfortably close to Amiro's face. Amiro's eyes widened, and he shook his head. "No—please don't; I'll—I'll—" Amiro choked on his words as panic set in, and Kien laughed. He just laughed, like he was enjoying this. Enjoying seeing fear in Amiro's eyes and hearing him choke on his own words. And suddenly, Amiro felt sick.

"That's so cute; you think I'll just let you go? Just like that? You don't know how long I've been waiting to get you back for getting me thrown behind bars." Kien wrapped his fingers around Amir's throat. "You'll regret even telling that little bitch of a brother what we were doing." Amiro squeezed his eyes shut and brought his hands up to try moving Kien's hand from his neck. "Shungi is not a bitch." Amiro mumbled, then he felt the hand tighten around his neck, and suddenly he was fighting for air. "Shut the hell up!" Amiro couldn't even fight him anymore; he dropped his hands to his side and opened his eyes just slightly to look up at Kien.

"Finally, you're listening. If you weren't so stubborn, I wouldn't have to be this rough with you." Kien let go of Amiro's throat, and he coughed before sitting up on his knees and looking at the ground. He then felt a hand on his wings, petting them gently and pulling at them every now and then. Amiro just stayed still, his body trembling a little, and he felt his lips press to the top of his head and his arms wrap around his waist from the back, then his lips press to the back of his neck. "So pretty, you're perfect."

Kien whispered as he slid a hand down to his thighs. Amiro felt a shudder go through his body. Then the arms were ripped away from him. He turned his head to look behind him, where he saw Ozaki with Kien pinned to the ground. He watched as Ozaki pointed a gun at his head, muttering something unintelligible into his ear. Amiro took this as his chance to get Komori and take him to safety. He scrambled over to him, and thankfully, he was still breathing. So he scooped him up in his arms and began to fly. He flew to the nearest kingdom, which was Laqueris, the kingdom of greed. He didn't notice how heavy Komori was until halfway there, but he kept going. He didn't land until he was at a hospital; he rushed in and made sure Komori was seen immediately as he waited in the hallway for an okay to come into the room or any updates on Komori.

He waited for hours before the doctor walked out. "He has a very slim chance of making it, but we're doing the best we can. Along with the broken wings and outside wounds, he has quite a bit of internal bleeding and a collapsed lung." Amiro's breathing hitched. "Oh. Okay.." He nodded and sighed. "So, is it okay for me to see him?" The doctor nodded. "He won't be awake right now, but you can see him." Amiro smiled and thanked them before walking into the room. He pulled a chair beside the bed and rested his hand on Komori's cheek. He took in the way he looked. Bandages covered most of his body, and IV fluids were attached to him. With the very shallow rise and fall of his chest and the beeping of the heart monitor in the background, Amiro laid his head on the bed, and a few stray tears fell onto it. As he sat there in the room that felt oddly silent other than the beeping in the background, something told him that this may be the last time he would ever see Komori.