~22~!!!

Months had passed and Amiro was still with Kien; they had confirmed he was pregnant, and at first Amiro hated it, but now he was rather excited to have Kien's child. They had names picked out and were preparing for the arrival of their child. He struggled to reconcile his conflicting emotions towards Kien, torn between the past and the present. Kien was amazing throughout the entire process, and Amiro was grateful for it. As the days passed, Amiro couldn't think of anyone else he'd want to have by his side in this moment.

During their daily routine, Amiro prepared breakfast for the two of them. Kien had been cooking for them recently, but he was busy, so Amiro decided he'd cook for them. The peaceful sounds of cooking filled the kitchen as Amiro cracked eggs into the pan, content in the moment with Kien nearby. Kien walked in shortly after, greeted Amiro with a small kiss on the forehead, and sat down to eat. "This is delicious, as always." Kien complimented, causing Amiro to smile. "I'm glad you like it." The two ate in silence until Kien spoke up. "We have to go back to the doctor next week for an ultrasound." Amiro nods and looks at him. "Okay." He leaned his head against Kien as he waited for him to finish eating so he could wash the dishes.

Once Kien finished eating, Amiro stood to wash the dishes, but Kien gently pushed him back into his chair. "Sit. I'll wash the dishes." Amiro rolled his eyes. "I'm pregnant, Kien, not incapable of doing simple tasks."

"I know, but I want you to relax for now." Kien began washing the dishes, and Amiro got up to go sit on the sofa in the living room while he waited. As Amiro sat on the sofa, he couldn't help but feel grateful for Kien's thoughtfulness and care during his pregnancy. The sound of running water from the kitchen was comforting background noise as he closed his eyes and allowed himself to fully relax. He felt the sofa beside him dip down and a pair of arms wrap around him. He opened his eyes and looked at Kien before closing his eyes again and relaxing into his touch. Kien whispered, "You deserve to be pampered, especially now." Amiro smiled and leaned into Kien's embrace, feeling safe and loved in that moment.

The two stayed like that for a few hours until Kien stood up and Amiro opened his eyes to look at him. "What's wrong?" Kien shook his head. "Nothing; I was just going to make us lunch." Kien kissed his forehead and said, "Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere, Coco." Amiro felt a wave of gratitude towards Kien for his care and affection. As Kien went to the kitchen, Amiro closed his eyes again, savouring the feeling of being cherished. It didn't take long before Kien came back with two plates of food. He handed one to Amiro and sat down as they ate. They finished eating, and Kien washed the dishes. When he came back, he picked up Amiro from the sofa and carried him to their room, where he laid down with him.

Amiro felt a sense of peace and security envelop him as Kien held him close, whispering in his ear. The warmth of Kien's embrace made Amiro feel truly loved and cared for, banishing any lingering doubts or fears from his mind. Amiro felt increasingly tired but wanted to stay awake for Kien, so he tried, but after a few minutes, he fell asleep while cuddling close to Kien. Kien gently stroked Amiro's hair as he watched him drift off to sleep, and when he knew he was in a deep enough sleep, he got up and left the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Amiro awoke a few hours later, he noticed Kien was gone. He didn't know how long he'd been gone, but it worried him. He stayed still and listened for any signs that he was even still in the house, and there was nothing. Usually, he could hear Kien moving around, or the flapping of his wings now and then since they weren't quiet, but he heard nothing. The house was silent. Amiro's heart raced as he got up to search for Kien, hoping he hadn't left for good. The realisation that Kien might have left without saying goodbye made Amiro's chest ache with worry. Then he heard the front door slam, and he hurried to the door to find Kien standing there, breathing heavily with what looked and smelled like blood covering his wings.

"Oh my gods, what happened?" Amiro ran a hand over the soft feathers for only a few seconds before Kien grabbed his hand and pushed it away from him. "It's not my blood. And if you'd excuse me, I'm going to wash this sh*t off, and you better leave me alone or you'll be next." Kien's voice was harsh, and he pushed past Amiro, shoving him into the wall beside him as he walked to the bathroom. Amiro stood frozen in shock at his words. He didn't understand why he was angry at him; he hadn't done anything. Had he? Amiro thought about it for a while, but he couldn't figure out why Kien was suddenly mad at him. Then, finding himself following after Kien, he opened the bathroom door slowly and stepped in.

Kien looked at him from where he was washing his wings off. "What the fuck did I tell you?" Amiro stepped back towards the door. "I just wanted to know if I did anything wrong," Amiro whispered, and he watched Kien slam the bathroom door shut as he leaned over Amiro. "That's not what I told you!" He yelled, and Amiro flinched. "I told you to leave me alone, and you just had to come in here when I specifically told you not to! You never fucking listen!" Amiro's heart raced as he tried to find the right words to calm Kien down. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you," he stammered, hoping Kien would understand. "Oh, you're sorry? I think you've forgotten that sorry doesn't get you anywhere with my Coco."

Then Kien punched him, causing him to fall to the counter. He stared up at Kien with fear. Amiro winced in pain, feeling a mix of fear and confusion as Kien's anger escalated and his foot came down hard on Amiro's thigh. "Please, Kien, let's talk about this," he pleaded, hoping to diffuse the situation before it got any worse. But Kien's eyes were filled with rage, and Amiro knew he was in for a long night. Kien didn't answer, and he pulled out a knife. He got down onto the floor and pulled Amiro's hair as he glided the knife over his face before bringing it down to his stomach. Amiro was begging him not to do it as tears streamed down his face, but a sinister smile spread across Kien's face as he stabbed the knife into Amiro's stomach and dragged it down.

Amiro's screams echoed through the room, his pleas for mercy falling on deaf ears as Kien continued his brutal attack. The room was filled with the sound of Amiro's cries and the sickening sound of flesh being torn apart. Then, Kien tossed the knife to the side as he looked at Amiro bleeding on the floor. "Maybe next time you'll think before disobeying me." Kien's words echoed through the room as Amiro covered his stomach and lay on his side; the floor was covered in blood. Kien's eyes showed no remorse as he watched Amiro writhing in pain, a cruel smile playing on his lips. The air was thick with the pungent scent of blood and fear, serving as a chilling reminder of Kien's merciless nature. Then the door opened, and Kien left. He callously abandoned Amiro on the bathroom floor, a sense of betrayal creeping in as his vision blurred, until everything faded to black.