Chapter II: Memories

Nico spent the next few days thinking about the golden prince, and why he looked so familiar. He noticed Kayla and Austin also seemed distracted since that day. One day, someone knocked on Nico's door and said, "It's Kayla and Austin." Nico answered with a reluctant, "come in."

Kayla and Austin came in, and Austin immediately said, "I have a theory on who the golden prince is." Nico was shocked by this. "Who do you think he is?" Nico asked. Austin took a deep breath and said, "Will."

Will. "B-but he's dead," Nico said. "We know," Kayla said. "But the golden prince's hair, his eyes, and even his tanned skin. Exactly like Will." "His voice also was kinda familiar, just deeper than it used to be," Austin said. Nico thought about the evidence the siblings were giving him. Then he said, "I doubt it, but it's a possibility I guess." Kayla nodded, then she and her brother left the room.

On the day the kingdom leaders were going to head back to their kingdom, Bianca was shot. She was standing outside, saying goodbye to the guests, when an arrow pierced her heart. She fell immediately.

The royal guards found the person responsible for Bianca's death. It was a man, who was already dead before the guards reached him. In the man's neck was a solid-gold arrow with a note saying "this idiot killed Princess Bianca. I killed him. From, The Golden Prince" on it.

Nico was devastated. Bianca was killed. Now he's lost three important people in his life. Will, his mother; Maria, and Bianca. He wanted to cry, but he held it in. Do not show that you're upset, he thought. He took a deep breath.

The guest that were leaving when Bianca was shot were the Sun Kingdom leaders. Hades and Apollo had a quick discussion, and decided it was best that they stayed until Bianca's funeral.

A message was sent to Micheal Yew— who was the temporary leader of the Sun kingdom while the others were gone— saying that they were staying for a little longer.

The Sun Kingdom leaders took their stuff back to the guest rooms. Nico went to his room and sat on his bed. He started crying.

When he heard a knock on his door, Nico quickly wiped his tears and said, "Come in." Hazel came inside. "Father already started planning Bianca's funeral," she said. Nico nodded slightly but didn't say anything. "Are you okay?" She asked. "Yeah, it's just... three people that were important to me died. That's three too many," he said. Hazel sat down next to Nico. She put her arm around Nico's shoulders, then asked, "three? I know Maria and Bianca, but who's the third?" Nico hesitated. Then he said, "w-will." "Oh yeah. I barely remember him. I was so young when he disappeared... sorry, I probably shouldn't be talking about him. It's probably making you more upset," she said. "No, it's fine. Talking about good memories of him or Bianca might cheer me up a but," he said.

"Okay then. One thing I really remember was playing hide-and-seek. Will was the seeker. It was at the Sea kingdom, remember? King Poseidon restricted us from playing in the entire castle, so he confined us to one specific area. I accidentally went out of the area," she said. "I remember that. Will found me first, and once we found everyone but you, we started getting worried. Will told King Poseidon he couldn't find you. King Poseidon and Queen Sally went looking for you. Queen Sally found you out of the area. I remember that Hades scolded you for leaving the area," Nico said. Hazle laughed. "Yeah, I remember that. I did not enjoy that," she said.

"Remember at that same meeting when Percy accidentally pushed you into the water?" she asked. "Oh yeah! Percy immediately jumped in to save me from drowning. When we got back up, Will came to me. He kept asking me if I was okay while glaring at Percy," Nico said. Hazel shivered. "I will forever remember that glare. It wasn't even directed at me, but it was scary," she said. Nico chuckled. "It was scary, but I wasn't scared by it. I felt... safe with him," he said. He smiled at the memory.

"Remember when Persephone first came, and her and Bianca had a full-on argument about something Persephone said," Hazel said. "I forgot about that! It was about my mother, right?" Nico asked. "I think so," she said. "Didn't Bianca win the argument?" He asked. "Yeah, she did," Hazel said.

They continued talking about memories about Will and Bianca until it was very late. When Hazel left, Nico was feeling better. He changed out of his clothes and fell asleep with fond memories running through his head.

A/n: 600 LIVES AT STAKE. IT'S JUST ONE LIFE TO TAKE. (I'm fine, I swear. I'm just singing EPIC: The Musical)

I do not own anyone but the idiot who killed Bianca.