Chapter XI: Fight

Nico had been saying this to Kayla for 3 days straight.

He was not in love with Will.

But she wouldn't listen.

No excuse would work.

He would say, "I barely even know him anymore, he's been gone for years, so there's not way i'd be in love with him."

But Kayla still wouldn't listen.

No matter what.

Quite frankly, it was annoying Nico.

So he decided to ignore it.

But that didn't end well either.

"You aren't denying it," Kayla said. "Yeah, well, I'm not confirming it either," Nico replied. "Come ooooonnnn," she said. "No," he said.

Luckily, it was the last day of the meeting. Soon, Nico would be back in the Shadow Kingdom without Kayla to bother him.

Or so he thought.

He was sitting in one of the guest chambers when he heard the sound of many guards rushing through the halls. He opened his door and saw exactly that. He followed them outside to see many people holding weapons. The Peace Mafia. Nico sucked in a breath. There were more. There were always more.

King Apollo got to the front of the guards. "Well, well, well. King Apollo. Think we'd stop after the attack on the shadow kingdom? No. We keep coming back. And from my sources I hear your precious Golden Prince is out of his castle, so he has no way of saving you this time," the leader said. "Actually, I do," Will cut in from behind. He walked up to King Apollo's side. The leader looked at Will in shock. "How-" "I am here for the meeting of Kingdoms," Will said. "But- but you're the Golden Prince! You don't go to meetings!" The leader said. "I do now. And the Golden King and Queen. You don't want to mess with them," Will said, smiling innocently. "I- but you don't have your army," the leader said. "Maybe, but I can call them here in an instant. And they'll arrive immediately," Will said. The leader stepped back one step, but then yelled at the rest of the Mafia to attack.

They all came charging at the Sun Kingdom army, and they were nearly overwhelmed. But suddenly, the Golden Army appeared. As always.

Nico ran into battle. He pulled out his sword and attacks. These idiots don't know when to stop. Nico thought. But we'll show them.

The members of the Peace Mafia weren't paying attention to Nico and the other Princes and Princesses, minus the Golden Prince. That gave them the advantage. Nico and the other princes and princess attacked from behind. He struck down many people before they started paying attention to more than just Will and the Golden Army.

Nico fought. He killed many men, injured a few others. At one point he almost got killed. But he brushed it off.

After some fighting, he hears a shout. "NICO! WATCH OUT!" Will shouted. Nico turned around abruptly. He saw someone charging towards him, a few feet away from hurting him. His eyes widen, but an arrow kills the person. It was Will's arrow. Nico looks toward him. Will looked scared, but that expression was slowly disappearing. Nico mouths thank you. Will nods to him slightly then goes back to fighting.

Some time later, the golden army, the princes, and the princesses surrounded the Peace Mafia soldiers. Will had his arrow tip at the leader's neck. The bowstring was stretched.

"Who are you?" He asked. In fear, the leader answered, "I- My name is Ryder Hill. I- I'm the lieutenant of this battalion." "RYDER?!" Percy exclaimed. His mouth was open wide. "...Hello Prince Perseus," Ryder said. "You know him?" Will asked, eyebrow raised. "He used to be a guard at the Sea Kingdom," Percy said. "So you do remember me," Ryder said. "How could I not? You were single-handedly fought off that intruder that one time," Percy said. "Oh? You remember that?" Ryder said, sounding like he didn't believe it. Percy nodded. Ryder looked ashamed for some reason. "Oh..." he said.

Suddenly someone behind Ryder stabbed him. Ryder let out a grunt, then he fell to the ground, lifeless. "He was going to betray us, I know it," someone said. "He never was a good lieutenant anyway." Will pointed his arrow tip at the new person. "Who are you?" He asked. She ran a hand through her hair. "Kalista. With a K, not a C," she answered. She looked at Thalia. "Remember me?" Thalia looked at her closely. "Y-you're that one girl who joined the army after a battle destroyed your home," she said. Kalista nodded. "I am," she said. "And I, unlike Ryder, would never consider betraying the Mafia."

The Mafia members stood there for a moment, Will still pointing his arrow tip at Kalista. "Okay Kalista, you can cut the act now," a boy in the Mafia said, walking up to her. She rolled her eyes and said, "Whatever Castellan." She stepped back, and Will pointed his arrow at the new boy. They stood. staring at each other for a moment, until a voice is heard. It was Annabeth's.

"LUKE?!"