Chapter XIV: Rescue

Kronos was stupid.

That's what Will thought, anyway.

Kronos really believed that because he captured Will, there would be no Golden Army to fight him.

The King and Queen would command the army, obviously.

Will couldn't believe Kronos didn't think of that.

Will was impatiently waiting for the day that the kingdoms would come.

He didn't have doubts like some did.

He knew they'd come.

So, when the day finally came, he wasn't surprised when they came. Unlike some people. Did they really have doubts?

Each kingdoms filled in. Sky Kingdom, Sea Kingdom, Shadow Kingdom, Sun Kingdom, War Kingdom, etc. Last came the Golden Kingdom. Kronos was surprised to see the Golden Army, but he called his large army. Even to Will, it was unclear who would win. He looked around at the kingdom leaders, realizing just how many people Kronos captured.

"Well, well. I guess you do have the Golden Army to help you. You'll fail either way," Kronos said. He looked at the King and Queen of the Golden Kingdom. "Aurelius. Orla. How nice to see you," he said. "Kronos," Aurelius said.

Will saw a shimmer of something out of the corner of his eye. He looked at it, but he saw nothing. Then he realized somewhere was there, but invisible. He watched as the cage he was in seemingly unlocked itself. Will quietly got out. He moved to the side of the room, where a few others who were already out of their cages were.

He stood there as Kronos talked to the leaders. Most of his threats were aimed at Aurelius and Orla, but he threatened each kingdom at least once. Will summoned his bow. It appeared in his hand. He didn't have any arrows, but after looking around he found a few. He nocked an arrow and aimed it one of Kronos' soldiers in the back of the group. Kronos wouldn't notice a few soldiers going down in the back.

He let go of the arrow. One soldier went down. He nocked and shot another arrow. Another soldier went down. He did the same until he ran out of arrows.

Will, caught up in killing the soldiers, finally listened to what Kronos was saying. "Now, fight for them. If you fail, well, you all die," he said. Kronos then turns to look at the cages, but no one was in them. "What- Where did they-" he looked at his soldiers. He noticed a few were on the ground, dead. "What?"

Aurelius was looking at Will. Will have Aurelius a nod, and Aurelius commanded the Golden Army to attack. The rest of the armies followed suit.

Orla came over to Will. She had his arrows. Will gratefully took them and started shooting the enemy.

It was a mess. The fighting ended up being outside of the ruins of Othrys Castle. Will mostly stayed on the sidelines, shooting soldiers of Kronos' army when they least suspected it. The kings and queens fought too, although not as well as the princes and princesses. Aurelius and Kronos were fighting, 1 v. 1. They had been enemies for years. Will didn't know why.

Will was trying to count how many he killed, but he lost count at 30. The amount of times he'd almost been killed, though, was at least 5 times.

He looks around the battlefield. Soldiers' skills perfectly matched, until one soldier from behind kills the one their ally was fighting. Princes and princesses fighting, some fighting multiple people at once. Kings and queens easily killing the soldiers. And there was more going on. It was chaos. But that's what war is. Chaos.

Suddenly, Will is stabbed. From behind. He falls onto his knees and looks at his attacker. The soldier takes his sword from Will's back. It's bloody. "I swore I wouldn't let the Golden Prince live," she said. The attacker walks away to keep fighting. Will colapses.

He is just there, on the ground, blackness clouding his vision. Is this how it ends? Do I die without saying goodbye to any of them? That was Will's last thought as he passed out.

A/n: I just realized how behind on updates I am on wattpad. Also I rewrote the prologue .