Chapter IX: The Reveal

Will stood in the garden. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He reached up to take his mask off, but instead of a mask he felt a scar. A scar from the battle a week before.

It pained Will to think of that battle. Especially the look on Nico's face when he saw Will without his mask. He was afraid that Nico hated him now. He probably did.

Will heard someone walking behind him. "Prince, the meeting is soon. The King wants you to get ready," a voice says. "Thank you, I'll get ready," Will replied.

The meeting. He sighed. This was the day the Golden Kingdom was fully revealing themselves to the rest of the world. Now that most probably know about Will by now, they decided to reveal themselves.

He walked back into the castle and to his chambers. He changed into the clothes the maids laid out for him, and put on the new mask. It just barely covered his scar.

A knock was heard on his door. "Willam, are you ready?" The King asked. "Yes, I'll be out in a second," Will replied. He listened to the sound of retreating footsteps. He exited his room.

He walked the halls of the Golden Castle to the front doors. They were already open. Outside, the King and Queen were getting in the carriage. Will waited for them to get in then he got in himself.

"How are you feeling?" The Queen asked. "Fine, just a little nervous," Will said. "I know it's going to be hard, seeing all your old friends and your kingdom. But I know you can do it," she said. He nodded.

The ride wasn't that long. Maybe it was because the carriage was going fast, because on normal days it would take much longer. When they rode through the streets of the Sun Kingdom, many people looked at the carriage curiously. Memories of the times Will snuck out of the castle came flooding back to him.

The carriage arrives at the gates of the castle, but guards stop them before they can get through. "Who are you and what is your business here?" One asks. The King gets out of the carriage, trying to come up with an explanation. "Well, we're just-" "coming to the meeting of the kingdoms! The leaders of every kingdom are supposed to come, so here we are!" Will said. He jumped out of the carriage. He faces the guard. He recognized him immediately. "You're Magnus Chase, correct?" He asks. Magnus looks at Will skeptically. "Yes..." he said. "Well then I think you would understand the importance of this. You were always fascinated in mysterious kingdoms who never revealed themselves," Will said. "...Yeah I was... how do you know that?" Magnus asked. "You don't know already? Wow, I would've thought Nico, Hazel, Hades, or even Persephone would've told people from other kingdoms. At the very least a civilian would. I thought rumors spread fast, even across kingdoms," Will said. Magnus looked at him curiously. "Know what?" He asked. Will looked at the King. He nodded so Will took his mask off.

Magnus looked shocked. "Will?" He asked. "Yep. Now can you let us in?" Will asked. "Um... yeah," Magnus said, then he told the other guard something. The gates opened. Will put his mask back on. "Well, it was nice seeing you," he said to Magnus, then he and the King got back in the carriage. "You did good," the King said. "Thank you," Will said.

When they got through the gates, the gates closed behind them. They got to the doors. They were open, and a group of four people were looking at them curiously. The Queen gets out first, then the King, then Will. Will looks at the people. Apollo, Naomi, Kayla, and Austin. His old family.

"Who are you people and why did Magnus let you in?" Apollo demanded. "I am The Golden King," the King said. "I'm the Golden Queen," the Queen said. "And I'm the Golden Prince," Will said. "Why are you here?" Naomi asked. Will noticed Kayla and Austin looking at him. Will met their eyes for a moment, then averted them. "Because it's a meeting of kingdoms, and we're the leaders of the Golden Kingdom," the Queen said. Apollo and Naomi looked skeptical but Austin then said, "Let them in." Apollo reluctantly led them to the place the meeting was held.

When they opened the doors, the chatter stopped and everyone looked towards the newcomers. Apollo, Naomi, Austin, and Kayla went to sit back down, leaving Will, the King, and the Queen standing there. Will scanned the table of familiar faces. Most people were looking at Will, as he was the only one wearing a masquerade mask. He met each person's gaze. He met Nico's gaze for longer than any others.

After some silence, Percy asked, "Who are you all?" "The Golden King, this is the Golden Queen, and this is," "The Golden Prince. Otherwise known as Willam Solace," Will said. Everyone looks at him. This is it. The moment of truth. Will thought, then he took off his mask.

A/N: I have more chapters written but I can't update them rn I'll do it later.