Chapter VII: Outside

A/N: ykw? I'm adding some Frazel bc why not. They're not gonna get together this chapter but they'll be meeting.

This chapter is just a break from the drama of Nico's stubbornness.

There was an attack on the Shadow Kingdom. Again.

They managed to win, even though the Golden Army didn't show up. They captured the leader of the attack. The only thing they managed to get out of him was that the group of attackers' name was The Peace Mafia.

Yeah, peace.

With Nico, Persephone, and the Peace Mafia, Hazel didn't know what to think. Nico was getting more stubborn by the day. Persephone was just impossible. Finally, the Peace Mafia kept attacking each kingdom, mostly the Shadow Kingdom. The reason for it is what Hazel didn't know.

She sometimes visited the prisoner in secret, hoping to get something out of him. She never succeeded, until one day.

Hazel entered the prison. She looked around, checking for guards, then headed to the prisoner's cell.

"Ah, Princess Hazel. Here for information? Well, you're not going to get it," the prisoner said as soon as he spotted Hazel through the bars of his cell. "I'll keep on trying anyway," she said. She asked him questions. He never answered.

She was about to give up. She was done with the prisoner. She was about to walk away when a question come to mind.

"Why?" Hazel asked. There was a beat of silence, then, "Why what?" "Why do you attack the kingdoms? Why is it usually the Shadow Kingdom?" She asked. "Why? I'll tell you why. It's because my kingdom neglected me, and all the other members of the Peace Mafia. Every kingdom neglected us, the Shadow Kingdom most of all. Nearly every member is from the Shadow Kingdom, because Hades didn't think we were 'good enough.' We are getting revenge. Soon enough, every kingdom will bow down to our power, and we will have PEACE!" he said. "Not while the Golden Prince is here. Have you noticed that we beat you every time when the Golden Army is present? They will not let you succeed," Hazel said, and with that she stormed off.

She enjoyed exploring the castle at times, but at that moment she wanted to leave the castle. She asked Hades, but he said she was not allowed to exit.

She didn't care. She dressed up in casual clothes and snuck out.

She explored the town for hours. When she was done, Hazel went to the park and sat down on a bench. She watched the little kids play. They look so... carefree. That's not how I was when I was their age. She thought.

She was pulled out of her thoughts by a voice asking, "Can I sit here?" Hazel looked up. The voice came from a boy, around her age, maybe a little older. "Yeah, you can," she said. The boy sat down by Hazel and stared off into the distance.

After a few awkward minutes, the boy asked, "What's your name?" Hazel hesitated. She decided to tell the truth. "Hazel." "Nice to meet you Hazel, I'm Frank," the boy said. Hazel smiled. "Nice to meet you too."

Frank looked at Hazel curiously. "Are you Princess Hazel Levesque?" He asked quietly. She was shocked. She looked around, then whispered, "Yeah..." He smiled. "Cool. I won't tell anyone, I promise. Next time, though, use a fake name," he said. "I- thanks," she said.

They sat in silence for a little bit, until Hazel said, "I have to go. Hades is probably worried." "Alright, bye Hazel," Frank said. "Bye."

When she snuck back through the gardens, Nico was waiting. "Where have you been? I was getting worried! You weren't in your room nor anywhere else in the castle! Be glad I didn't tell father!" He exclaimed. "Sorry, sorry. I just needed to get out of the castle for a bit," Hazel said. "A bit? A bit?! That was not a bit!" Nico whisper-shouted. "Sorry," she said. He sighed. "It's fine. Just next time, don't be gone so long," he said. He walked away.

When Hazel reached her room, she realized Nico had said "Next time." So... is he saying that I can go back again? She thought. I hope so. I rather enjoyed that.

A/N: yeahhh that was more Frazel than Solangelo but why not.

The big reveal is coming soon...

I have already started writing the next chapter. I'm tempted to make a Greek mythology reference, but I'd basically be making a Marvel reference in the chapter and I'm not doing that-