Afterwards

Sasuke

A few days later everything was back to normal. I stood next to Kakashi sensie listening to him scold me about all the damage I caused and how it took him, Naruto and Tsunade to keep me out of jail. Rubbing the back of my head I sweat dropped, "I'm sorry.." I apologized. Sakura came running up and blushed at me, on her back was her backpack. We both...well I decided that I would travel the world learning ways to stop Kaguya and others like her from coming back and spreading the hatred and evil.

"Your leaving so soon?" Sakura asked me. I nodded and raked my fingers threw my hair, "Yeah I've got a lot to learn and do." I said giving her a smirk. "You sure you wanna go? There's still plenty here to do and I'm sure Naruto will miss you." Kakashi said while rubbing the back of his neck. I could tell he was saying this for Sakura's sake, she was blushing now and not meeting my gaze. "He'll be fine. And the village can do without me for a little while longer." I said. "I don't suppose that maybe this time you'd let me come?" Sakura surprised me by asking. It made me think back to the first time I had left, that night Sakura also wanted to come but it was something I had to do. "Sorry but this is something I have to do alone. People here will need you and your medical skills. The village will need your help recovering." She frowned.

I took a step forward causing her to look up at me. I raised my hand and with two fingers I tapped her forehead like Itachi used to so many times when we were kids. "I'll return for you. I promise." I said. Her cheeks turned a beautiful shade of pink. Nodding at Kakashi I turned and started out of the village. As I walked down the tree covered path, I smiled at the person who blocked the road. "What do you think your doing leaving without telling ME bye teme!?" Naruto asked while smiling. I returned his smile, "I figured you'd be busy getting medals or something." I said.
"Nah. I was getting a new arm." He said raising his now bandaged right arm. "Grandma told me to catch you and tell you that if you want she can make you a new arm out of the first cells." He said, for a moment I considered it but then shook my head. "No thanks. This way I'll become stronger." I said.
"Yeah right! You'll never surpass me!" He laughed. I raised an eyebrow and smirked, "Yeah keep telling yourself that dobe."
"Oh right. I also brought you this." He said while reaching into his pocket then taking out something I thought I'd never see again. "I figured you'd want it back now." I stared at my old head band, the one I told Naruto that I'd only ever accept that we are on the same level. The scratch he put was still across it, he held it out to me. I took once side, and together we stood there. He smiled and I smirked, my crazy bestfriend and also my rival.

The unspoken promise lingered in the air. "Sasuke! Wait!!" I heard my cherry blossom's voice call from behind me. She came running up the path toward Naruto and me. "Hey Sakura-chan! I was just saying bye to Sasuke." Naruto said.
"What are you..." I started to say but she caught me off with a soft but passion filled kiss. "Oh it's that kind of goodbye... Ok I'm going." Naruto said while covering his eyes. He disappeared leaving Sakura and me alone, still embraced. I pushed her lightly up against a tree then broke the kiss. "What are you doing here?" I asked.
"Just giving you a proper good bye. You walked away back there and didn't even kiss me." She whined. I laughed and kissed her forehead, "I love you Sakura Haruno."
"And I love you so much more, Sasuke Uchiha." She said. I kissed her one last time before walking away, "Goodbye. I'll see you soon." I said. Very Soon.

To be cont.....

(A/N:Sorry this chapter is so short. But only one more chapter remains, I can't begin to express my thanks for everyone who has read this series and have commented or voted. I've gained some very valuable and loving friends from Wattpad so thank you all. The last chapter will cover my rendition of what the newest Naruto manga chapters are like. And yes Sarada and Bolt will be there. Ok bye ladies and gents.)