frank the plank

"Is that my shirt?" Ian asks and walks towards his father. "Yeah. Yes it is." Frank says and slowly creeps towards the red haired boy. Ian says, "I was just asking.".

Ian backs up, but Frank slams his head into his. Ian falls backwards onto the coffee table and Steve jumps at Frank. Veronica and Fiona rush to get ice and Reagan rushes towards her brother.

"It's okay, Ian." She says trying to calm him down. She looks around and doesn't see anything to stop the bleeding with, but she takes off her brand new white sweater.

She sighs and holds it up to Ian's nose. Her brother had always helped when she was injured, so this was the least she could do for him.

"Don't do this to your kids, Frank!" Steve yells. He grabs the older man by the collar and says, "You're drunk.".

Frank scoffs and swings his hands. He says, "You think you're so tough, Steve. You look like a premenstrual Filipino!".

Lip stands and watches them with a blank stare as Fiona yells, "Steve, get out!". Reagan watches Steve grab his coat and rush out the front door.

"Reagan, go put that in the washer!" Fiona yells at her younger sister. The blue eyed girl hurries up the stairs and hears Fiona mumble, "That's not going to come out.". She asks Ian, "What was she thinking?".

The girl goes into the laundry room and slams the door. She throws her bloody sweater onto the lid of the washer and begins to scrub the stain with some sort of detergent Fiona had bought.

"This is what I get for helping." She says to herself and ties her hair up. Reagan got yelled at for helping, but Debbie and Carl just watched.

It was frustrating and confusing. Fiona would do anything for any other Gallagher, but she yelled at Reagan for doing anything. She throws the sweater into the washer and locks the door as she hears footsteps.

"Hey, Rae?" Ian asks as he knocks on the door. She doesn't answer and he says, "Hey, look. I know you're upset, but I'll buy you a new sweater, okay? You can pick the color.".

Ian goes into his shared bedroom and changes his bloody white shirt into a green one. His lower face was covered in blood. Lip rolls a cigarette as the read head says, "I told Reagan I'd buy her a new sweater.".

"You should've punched him back." Lip says, changing the subject. Ian scoffs and says, "Yeah. If I ever do I'll kill him.".

Lip's focused on the cigarette, but says, "So? It's ten for man slaughter, get laid as often as you want, tattoos and everything. It's gay paradise man.". Ian gives his brother a weird look and takes the cigarette from him.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

The whole family had been rushed to the living room. Why, you might ask? Frank was missing.

And usually that was normal. Nobody would care and the jerk they had for a father would return home by himself. But, today was the last Friday of the month.

Every last Friday, Frank would wait at the corner for the mailman to come. He would basically tackle him for his disability check. Frank never missed the last Friday of the month.

"Okay everyone split up into pairs and check the regular spots." Fiona orders. Everyone gets into pairs and heads for the door, but Fiona stops them and says, "I want the twins together!".

She wanted the twins together? Most of the time she couldn't wait for them to be apart. Fiona says, "If Reagan's there, Carl's more likely to avoid getting into trouble.".

So, everyone begins the search for Frank. Behind trucks, alleys, the Alibi, and Carl and Reagan check in a funeral home.

They're interrupted when Debbie finds them and leads them to a snowy sidewalk. Reagan asks, "What's so good about this fence?". She waits for a moment and Debbie points to a body that's on the ground.

Reagan realizes who it is and stumbles backwards. But, Ian catches her. "Do you know who it is?" Fiona asks one of the workers standing in front of the body.

The worker rolls it over to reveal a different man than Frank. Reagan's heart drops as her family begins to rejoice. "Where is he then?" Reagan asks confused.

Frank was not, in fact, in Chicago. He had some how ended up in Canada.

"Hey, Reagan, right?" A boy asks and walks towards the girl. She nods and asks, "Who are you?".

"Oh, yeah." The boy says. He introduces himself as Gio. Reagan says, "Yeah! The boy that got beat up on my lawn.".

"I guess you could call me that." He says. He tags along as Reagan walks towards the Kash and Grab. He says, "Thanks for what you did.".

"I wasn't going to leave you." Reagan says. She had seen too many people get killed in her neighborhood to be able to leave a kid on her lawn.

They cross the street and he says, "I'm sorry about your dad.". Reagan scoffs and says, "Frank cares about nobody. The only one of us he likes in Fiona.".

Gio opens the door for her and she shoots him a soft smile. He asks, "Do you usually come here?". She says, "Ian and I work here.".

"Oh, nice!" He says. Nice? Usually she got made fun of for having a job. Because to everyone else that meant that her family couldn't afford to pay the bills.

But, when she got home the last person that anybody wanted to see was Frank. He was back now and he was already starting arguments. "I don't want anything Canadian in this house!" Frank says and grabs the beer bottle from Debbie.

"Come on, Debs." Reagan says and takes her little sister by the shoulder. Frank looks at the taller girl and says, "Wait, Riley!".

"Reagan." The girl reminds him. He says, "Yeah. Whatever.". He takes a sip of his drink and asks, "Want to come to the Alibi with me?".

Reagan wrinkles her eyebrows and a confused look forms on her face. She says, "Daddy, I'm thirteen!".

At this point Debbie and Reagan were the only ones that referred to Frank as "Dad" to his face. Frank had always taken a liking to Reagan, but only because she never went out of her way to bash him in front of him.

She didn't like her father, but she didn't have a hatred for him like Fiona did. The one person that she couldn't stand though, was Monica, her mother.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

"Reagan, can you get the door!" Lip calls from upstairs. She runs to get the door and lets Steve in. The man asks, "Fiona?".

Reagan rolls her eyes and says, "No.". Steve asks, "She's not here or she doesn't want to see me?". "Neither." Reagan says as Lip comes down the kitchen stairs.

"Leave my sister alone!" Lip tells him. Steve sarcastically asks, "Which one?". To that Lip answers, "The red head right in front of you.".

Steve walks towards Lip and Reagan follows. He asks, "What are you two doing home from school?". Before Reagan can answer, "Rae needed her cast off.".

"And why are you home?" Steve asks curiously. Lip opens a bottle and says, "She needed someone to take her Fiona's at work. Now, stop trying to get on her good side and leave!".

"Okay, okay." Steve says. He turns to leave and asks, "When does Fiona get home?". Lip shoots him a glare and he just walks out the door.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚