family line

Reagan felt her head hit the floor and her eyes fluttered shut. Open, shut, open. The kitchen was going dark and she touched her scalp with her hand. Blood was dripping down her arm and it felt like she was bleeding through snow.

Except she wasn't on the floor. She wasn't bleeding out. Her eyes weren't closed. And, Frank Gallagher was not her father. She should be relieved, right?

"Rae?" Ian asks concerned; trying to get a response from his sister. Reagan says, "I... I need to think" and gets up from the table. She grabs her coat and slams the front door..., walking off into the frozen Chicago air.

Reagan knew exactly who her father was. Her whole life she had been told that she looked like her Uncle Clayton. Ian and Carl where his kids too, but they didn't walk out.

Ian and Carl had someone. Ian had Monica and Carl had Fiona. But, Reagan had Frank. Or at least she thought she did.

The red headed girl turns the corner and runs up the steps to her friend's house. She knocks a few times before his mother answers the door and lets her in.

"Gio!" Sheila calls. Reagan sees the brunette haired boy jog down the stairs. "Rae?" he asks confused. Her eyes were tearing up. Gio says, "i just cleaned my room..., you should come see it.".

The girl follows him into his room and he shuts his door. "What's wrong?" he asks concerned. Reagan doesn't answer. Instead..., she stands against the door with her lips glued shut.

"Alright..., we don't have to talk about it." he tells her. There's an awkward gap of silence and the boy pulls her in by the waist. He kisses her and she kisses back.

Was Reagan Gallagher falling for Gio Jackson? No..., that was impossible. That would be like snow on the beach. It's weird and never happens.

"Your middle name is Lacy, right?" Gio asks curiously as he pulls away from her. Reagan nods and he says, "it's cute.".

He leans in to kiss her again, but she pushes him away. "I-... I'm sorry. I can't do this right now." she says and opens the door. Gio rushes after her and says, "I'm sorry, I thought you felt the same!".

Reagan stands in his house's doorway and says, "I do. Or,... I think I do.".

QUICK CHAPTER BUT THE NEXT ONES WILL BE LONGER... I PROMISE