block me out

"I need someone to watch Liam!" Fiona says as her siblings sit around the kitchen table. Reagan swallows her cereal and says, "I'll watch him. Practice was canceled for today.".

Carl shakes his head and says, "I can help too. I have nothing to do on Saturdays!". He never offered to watch Liam, so this made Fiona feel uncertain about it. Reagan would be there though, so at least one trustable person was there.

As everyone gets ready to leave Reagan takes Liam from Fiona and heads into the living room. Carl followed her and soon everyone else was gone.

"You know that I can be alone, right?" she asks. Reagan had never liked the feeling of being controlled and Carl wouldn't leave her alone. She jokes, "I have Liam!" and kisses him on the cheek.

Carl rolls his eyes and snaps. "Yeah, but will Liam be able to help you from choking on your own blood!" he exclaims. Reagan opens her mouth to say something, but instead she tightens her grip on Liam and walks to the stairs.

"I didn't save you for me." Carl says. Half of that was a lie, but the other half was true. He knew he couldn't have just watched his own twin sister choke on their kitchen floor. He says, "Lip's already falling apart. He's drinking his dinner and Ian's killing himself to get into West Point!".

Reagan knew that she couldn't pretend that wasn't true, but she hadn't even realized how bad it was until now. "Well maybe I'm just too self centered to realize that!" she yells. Liam starts crying, so she puts him in the crib under the stairs before sitting on the couch.

"What's happened to you?" Carl asks. His sister had changed and he couldn't recognize the person in front of him. He says, "A month ago all you cared about was how Ian and Lip were. Now you're saying that you're too self centered to realize.".

Reagan crosses her arms. She says, "You're making me sound selfish, Carl. You know that they're my best friends!". Her brother shakes his head. He yells, "Maybe you are selfish! You tried killing yourself and didn't tell any of us that you were going through something!".

Her heart drops. She didn't try to kill herself. Had nobody realized that Frank had hurt her? "I- I didn't try killing myself, Carl. You know what Frank did.".

"Just because he's not our father doesn't mean that you can blame him for everything. I don't know what happened at that party, but I'm not letting my little sister hurt herself!" Carl says.

Reagan gets up and puts on her sneakers. Whenever she was upset she would go see Gio, but lately she had no clue how or where he was. He had turned into a stranger, but Rae could recognize his laugh anywhere.

Some people might say that the process of falling out of love contains three main steps. A loss of closeness with your partner, distancing yourself emotionally, and a change of your priorities. Sometimes it's the fear of loss that can drive you insane enough to push away your loved one.

For Gio, it was like the taste of Saline Solution. Karen let him get drunk and he woke up with a hickey on his neck. He knew it couldn't be from Reagan because she wasn't into those things. And it didn't take very long to figure out who had given it to him, because it wasn't long before he rolled over and found Lindsay Hall lying next to him.

And he couldn't help, but to imagine the taste of Reagan's lips that he'd only experienced a few times... whenever his girlfriend would kiss him. And everywhere he went he saw Reagan. It was like he couldn't get away from her.

"Gio!" Sheila shouts from downstairs. She'd been busy baby proofing the house for the past month because Karen was expecting soon. She asks, "Could you get the door?". Gio smiles and shouts back, "I'll be right down, Ma!".

He had been on the phone with Lindsay, but he wasn't listening. Gio couldn't wait for her to shut up because he could never get a word in. "Lindsay, babe-" he tries to say, but Lindsay yells through the phone. She says, "You know how much I hate when you interrupt me!".

Gio puts his phone down onto his desk and heads downstairs. "Ma, how do you break up with a girl that won't let you talk?" he asks as he walks towards the door. Sheila looks at him confused. She says, "I thought you broke up with her last week!".

"I tried to, but she just pinned me to the wall and started making out with me in front of our whole school!" he complains. Gio opens the door and his face drops when he sees her face. His heart starts racing and he asks, "Is everything alright?". He couldn't help but to care about her.

He welcomes Reagan in and Sheila smiles when she sees her. "I like your hair like that." Gio says awkwardly. He motions his hand towards her and says, "It's more red. The Summer sun did you well.".

Before Reagan can gather her words to say something that makes sense, she panics and says, "I wrote you a song.". Gio's eyes widen because knew that she hated singing and playing any sort of instrument. Lip had taught her the guitar when they were younger, but she despised the instrument. She hands him a flash drive and says, "I'm happy for you and Lindsay. Just... don't forget me.".

Gio begins to speak, but he's interrupted by the sound of Lip's voice. "I didn't know you were coming!" he exclaims. He was always happy to see his sister. Rae nods her head and says, "I was just stopping by. I'm about to leave.".

"I'll walk you home, come on." Lip says and kisses Karen goodbye. The two siblings head out the front door and Gio watches the girl from the window.

Reagan and Lip got outside of their gate before she felt dizzy and gripped onto Lip. "Hey, you alright?" he asks concerned. She opens her mouth to answer, but vomit comes out instead of words. It was mixed with blood. Lip doesn't speak. He just picks her up into his arms like he would do when she was younger.

"You're okay." He whispers into her ear. She looks up at her brother as he walks and she says, "I wrote him a song.".