30/90

Reagan never enjoyed parties. She would rather be at home with Carl or working with Ian. Thing happened at parties that could uproot lives within a matter of seconds. Like someone getting into a car accident, a one nighted affair giving a teen trust issues for years, or a girl getting pregnant.

Rae enjoyed having stability in her life. She needed stability in her life, but she also needed friends. So she showed up at the party had decided to watch the cheer team pour drink after drink.

"Rae, come get in the picture!" a boy from an upper grade shouts from across the room. She doesn't hesitate. Growing up with alcoholic parents, Reagan had learned to hate the smell of alcohol.

A football players and their girlfriends and gathered in a group. Leo boosts the young girl onto his shoulders and Jackson sets the timer for the camera. He runs and lays down on his side in front of the group with his hand propping his head up.

"Smile!" the blonde boy yells. Some girls kiss their boyfriends, some teens smile. Reagan and Leo were laughing and Diego was making a "disgusted" face at Isabelle who was leaning down to kiss Jackson.

After taking a few pictures Leo gently places Reagan back onto the ground and she makes an effort to find her brother. It was usually easy to find her twin. He had the same fluffy hair like most other boys in their school did, but he had a scar on the back of his neck.

The twins fought a lot when they were younger. And one fight, specifically on the night before Reagan got taken away by Monica, ended up with Carl getting stitches on his neck and Reagan receiving staples in her forehead.

"Hey! Eva, would you happen to know where my brother is?" Rae asks. Eva was in her class, but they were only acquaintances. Reagan helped tutor her during the school year.

The girl shakes her head and says, "No, but he might be outback near the keg.". Carl being at the keg didn't sound too unbelievable. But he had never been the type to drink, so Reagan shakes her head and says, "I doubt it.".

Before she can speak again Eva asks, "What's up with you and Gio? Because last year you two were all over each other and now he's basically smashing Lindsay.".

Reagan focuses her eyes on the two figures kissing each other. Gio had Lindsay pinned to the wall. The girl had a cup of beer in her hand and her other hand was in Gio's hair.

"That's disgusting." Diego says as he interrupts the conversation. Leo places a cake on the island in front of her and teens begin to sing. Carl was no where in sight.

She feels a hand on her shoulder. Isabelle says, "Make a wish!". Make a wish, Reagan. The last time she had received a birthday cake was when Monica was pregnant with Liam. She had decided to have her baby shower on the twin's birthday and keep all the glory to herself. Fiona surprisingly fought with their mother over it, but she didn't care.

Rae didn't know what to wish for. She didn't think she knew how to wish. Reagan takes in a deep breath and whispers, "i wish... for a change to happen".

She blows out the candles and lifts up her head. Her schoolmates were cheering for her and patting the girl on the back. Their smiles were genuine and unlike the ones she'd ever received before. Maybe, just maybe, her wish would come true.

It wasn't long before the Gio tried talking to his old friend. "Happy birthday. I got you a card, Rae. I know it isn't much, but-" he starts to say, but the girl cuts him off. Reagan says, "I don't want it.". She was talking to her new friends.

Lindsay grabs the boy by the arm before he can get another word out. Diego smiles at Reagan and says, "It's getting late. How about I get you home?".

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・

Diego waves as Reagan closes her front door. Fiona wasn't home, but Frank was. "Where have you been?" he asks. He was obviously drunk and that didn't surprise Rae. She says, "It's my birthday. I was out with some friends, Daddy.".

"So you were out being a slut?" he says, slurring his words together. Reagan takes a deep breath in and lets it out. She knew that both Fiona and Debbie being pregnant was stressful for her "father", so she was trying to not fight with him.

"You've always been my favorite, Rae. I'm shocked that you're my only daughter who hasn't let men after men into her like it's some sort of game." Frank says. Reagan tries to put a smile on her face, but an uncomfortable feeling grows stronger as Frank gets closer to her.

"Daddy, stop." Reagan says. She was leaning against the counter, but fell down when he kicked her in the stomach. He says, "Just let this be a reminder for you whenever you want to be a slur. You're our only hope.".

She suffers multiple more blows to the stomach before the man leaves her, vomiting blood onto the floor tiles. Reagan couldn't get up. She couldn't even crawl. She just waited until Carl found her, curled up into a ball with blood smeared on her face.