world burn

Hospital waiting rooms never brought peace for Reagan. They reminded her of death and broken bones. In fact, the first time that Reagan had ever broken a bone was when she was pushed off the monkey bars by a girl named Lexie Fabray, the little sister of the high school's biggest drama queen.

She never saw Lexie after that, but her friends never stopped bullying Reagan. Middle school was hell for her just like it had been for the rest of the Gallagher kids.

Reagan always thought that maybe she was a little dramatic. Whatever happened in her life, one of her siblings had to have had something worse happen to them. And she realized that when she looked up to see an Asian baby in the arms of a nurse.

"What the hell, Karen!" Lip shouts, confused. Karen gives him a disgusted look, but Reagan couldn't tell if it was for him or the baby. "You said it was mine!".

Despite being in immense pain, Karen manages to laugh a little. She rolls her eyes and says, "I never said it was yours. You just wanted it to be yours!".

"Why the hell do you not have any empathy for anyone!" Reagan snaps, as she pushes past Gio to get closer to Karen. "You're a lying whore who can't keep another man out of her pants! Aren't you married, too?".

The blonde girl stares at Reagan in shock. She turns to Gio and asks, "Are you seriously going to let your little girlfriend talk to me like that?". Giovanni grabs Reagan's arm and pulls her away from his sister.

"Rae, let's take a walk." He says, grabbing her hand. Reagan wanted to say something. She desperately wanted to hurt Karen, but she felt like she was her thirteen year old self again. Too scared to stand up to anyone after she saw Frank beat Ian for wearing their "father's" shirt.

I've got a hundred thrown out speeches I almost said to you

She lets Gio lead her towards the door. She watches her brother, Ian, watch her leave. His face is stained with a shocked look. A sign that he'll never see Karen or Reagan the same way again.

The two teens didn't bother to talk. They just held each other, hand in hand, until Reagan decided to stick a few quarters into a vending machine. "Lip always said that Diet Pepsi is the worst." She says, pressing a button.

A blue Pepsi can rolls out and she grabs it. "You're not gonna rebel against Lip?" Gio asks jokingly, looking at the regular can. Reagan takes a sip and shakes her head. She says, "No. Never against Lip.

She grabs a wrinkled up sticky note from her pocket and writes something on it. 'Do not trust Karen Jackson. She is a fugly slut!'. When Reagan notices that Gio's not watching, she slips it onto the front desk of the nurse's station.

Why? A senior from their high school who had graduated years before was taking the night shift as a nurse. Brittany Fabray, the most popular girl in all of Southside high. Tell her a secret, and she keeps it. But tell her a secret or slip a note about someone else in her locker? You could never repair your reputation.

"I know you didn't mean to upset her." Gio says, and kisses the girl. Reagan smiles as she eyes the note on the nurse's desk. Brittany Fabray picks it up, and Reagan watches her face drop as she reads the words.