3

Entering the gas station, Connor and the boy grabs some food. Connor grabs himself some food for a few days at most, since he wants to eat so he doesn't feel hungry and also got something to eat now since he didn't eat last night and also got the boy some food.

The two pay for the food as Connor notice the woman was activity nervous. Connor looks at her and the window to see that she had a clear view of the fight.

Connor sighs as he spoke. "They were abusing him." Said Connor. "Huh?" Asked the woman, looking up. "The family, they were abusing this kid, that's why I fought them...I know you saw the fight...I wanted you to know I didn't mean to scare you, I just wanted to help the kid." Said Connor.

The woman looks at Connor and then the window, seeing that the family is gone. "Oh no...I think they left." Said the woman. "W-What?" Asked the boy. Connor turns to the window, seeing that the family was indeed gone. Connor sighs as he looks down at the boy who began to cry.

Connor looks at him and then pats his head. "Hey, you don't need them...their abusers...I promise it'll be ok." Said Connor. The boy looks up at him. "Is there a friends house or something you can go to?" Asked Connor.

The boy thought it over before speaking. "Y-Yes...m-my friend...her grandparents a-aren't too far away..." Said the boy. Connor smiles. "Ok, I'll take you there." Said Connor.

The boy looks up at Connor with wide eyes. "R-Really?" Asked the boy. "Yep, I won't leave you here...and if you are taken to the police, they'd most likely take you back to your family and seeing how they abuse you, it be bad...come on, lets eat up and get going." Said Connor.

The boy smiles. "Thank you." Said the boy. "No problem." Said Connor. They grab the food after paying and walked outside, heading to the bench the family was at and began eating the food.

As the boy ate, Connor could tell by how fast he ate, he was hungry. Connor felt sorry for the boy, even buying more food for him in case he needs it.

Connor and the boy ate and after the two was fed, they were ready to go. "Sorry I made you buy me more food." Said the boy. "No need, you needed more then what I bought before...you were hungry so you needed it." Said Connor.

The boy looks down before smiling. "Hey, what's your name?" Asked Connor. "D-Daniel." Said the boy. "D-Daniel huh?" Asked Connor. Daniel laughs. "No, it's...its just Daniel." Said Daniel. Connor smiles as he spoke. "Daniel...tell me...why were you grounded?" Asked Connor. "Oh, I...I wasn't actually grounded...its just what my parents use as a excuse to make me unable to do anything I want...I can't play with people, can't have sleepovers, can't eat without their permission or use the bathroom..." The boy mutters.

"That so...do you need to go now?" Asked Connor. "T-To the bathroom? Yes." Said Daniel. "Alright, go...I'll wait here." Said Connor. Daniel smiles. "T-Thank you!" Said Daniel, rushing from the bench and to the bathroom.

Connor laughs as he watched Daniel run, resting his head in his hand as he looks worried. "Poor kid...he doesn't deserve this." Said Connor. Connor looks down as he waits for Daniel to finish. After a few mintues, Daniel exited the bathroom and approaches Connor.

"Ok, you ready to go?" Asked Connor. "Huh? Where are we going?" Asked Daniel. "Your friends grandparents house...you said you know where it is right?" Asked Connor. "Oh, right...yes I do." Said Daniel. "Alright, I'll take you there...that way you have a place to stay." Said Connor. Daniel nods with a smile. From there, the two got up, walking down the road.

"Um...if you don't mind me asking, why are we walking?" Asked Daniel. "I don't have a car to take us there...sadly we'll have to walk a bit, but I promise it won't be long, once we find a bus stop and know where it's going, we'll get on and use it to get as close as we can." Said Connor. "Ok..." Said Daniel. "Huh? Something wrong? Are you tired?" Asked Connor. "N-No, I'm ok." Said Daniel.