𝟎𝟔.

𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐢ˢʰᵉ ⁱˢ ᵗʰᵉ ˢʷᵉᵉᵗᵉˢᵗ(𝟎𝟔

𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐢
ˢʰᵉ ⁱˢ ᵗʰᵉ ˢʷᵉᵉᵗᵉˢᵗ
(𝟎𝟔.)

i groaned as i felt my body shake, i begrudgingly opened my eyes to see matt. my brows furrow as i'm trying to understand why he would be shaking me awake right now. we had been slightly awkward since the kiss even now, it had been a whole week. "what?" i whispered. "we have to go to the airport, i'm sorry to wake you up" he apologized. i nodded and put my hand out for him to help me sit up.

he obliged and i rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as i stood up. i bent down to grab my duffle bag i had packed last night. i then grabbed my phone and charger, which had been the last thing i left out so that i could pack it last. i followed matt until i split off to brush my teeth and put my tooth brush in my ziplock bag. i then met with everyone. they were all sitting on the couch just as tired as me.

i hadn't realized how much my stomach was showing as of late. but you could really tell now. i instinctively had my hand rested on my upper stomach at all times now. it was honestly a little embarrassing, i wouldn't catch myself doing it until nick or chris pointed it out, to which i got all awkward and laughed it off. i sat down on the couch next to chris looking at tiktok's with him. "you kids ready to go?" marylou asked. "yep" the three brothers said and i just nodded.

i could still walk pretty normal so that was good. i had learned a way long time ago from my mom that you start to like waddle around when you get farther along. i did not want to start waddling, that's supper embarrassing and awkward. our trip to the airport consisted of me continuing to look at chris' fyp with him. matt sat up in the front driving while his mom sat in the passengers seat. i had volunteered to sit in the very back row but nick wouldn't let me, so he sat back there all by himself, which was honestly fine by him because he was editing and listening to music. mary lou was going to drive the car back when we got out.

we said bye to marylou and got our bags out of the trunk. security and check in went fast but i was really hungry by now. "matty can we get something to eat?" i basically whined. "yea sure" he said laughing at my behavior. i was surprised that being around him at the moment was so easy, i guess i was just comfortable with him even if we were avoiding a topic. we decided on a starbucks because it was the closest thing. i just got a breakfast sandwich and water. we brought back everyone else's orders as we sat in the waiting chairs.

it was about 30 minutes to our flight so i decided to talk to nick to pass the time. "hi" i said quietly. "hey" he laughed a little. "how have you been feeling lately? i know you didn't sleep too well last night" he questioned. "yea i didn't really but i'll just take a nap on the plane, but i'm ok other than a lot of stuff changing" i said only loud enough for him to hear. "i'm sorry" he said. i liked talking to nick because he always just listened and he actually cared about me and how i was feeling, which was nice when i came from a household that wasn't too big in being emotionally there.

we soon boarded the plane. we split up into two groups, me and nick sat together with a random person in the window seat. chris sat in the isle seat next to me, matt in the middle and another rando in the window seat. i felt a little bad for not talking to matt much but, i wasn't really sure what to say, he pretty much avoided everything about the kiss. i needed to talk to him about it and he wasn't budging at all.

"i'm excited to meet madi" i said to nick. "i'm excited for you to meet her too," chris chimed in, i smiled at him. "she's really cool i bet you guys will like each other" he said as i grabbed my airpods out of my bag.

"i hope she doesn't think it's weird that i'm pregnant" i said a little on edge. "she won't care" nick laughed quietly. it made me feel a bit better that nick said that. i didn't want anything to get in the way of me potentially becoming friends with her, which i really wanted too. i gave nick one of my airpods and we listened to music for a while. nick always had the closest music taste to mine, although he had a much higher tolerance for matt and chris' music taste than i did.

i didn't know that i had fallen asleep. i hadn't fully realized that i was dreaming, but i was sitting on a floor with two babies. matt was there holding one of them and i was sitting and playing with the other. i looked over to matt and smiled at him. his face turned sour and he frowned. he was saying something i couldn't quite hear because it was muffled. then i suddenly woke up to the feeling of one of my babies kicking me in the bladder. i winced holding my stomach. "what happened?" chris asked in sync with nick, matt was sleeping against chris' shoulder, which i thought was very adorable. "i got kicked in the bladder" i grumbled. chris laughed and nick gave me a sorry look.

i just went back to listening to music after that. but i got to thinking about my weird little dream that i had been in and even though i woke up from it i had been sleeping for hours. could i even call it a dream? and why was matt there. i was driving myself crazy. the plane was now landing thankfully because i needed to stretch my legs. after landing we had to wait a while before being able to get up due to us being at the bag of the plane, people never knew how to act when getting off a plane, especially the old people.

"madi and laura should be right outside the gate when we get off" nick said. i grabbed my stuff and walked off the plane with nick. matt and chris just behind us. i saw a really short girl with dark brown hair, almost black, she was gorgeous, and a woman who looked slightly older than the girl standing not too far from the gate. that should be them, i was assuming the girl with long brown hair was madi. nick walked over and the woman hugged him. "you must be brooke! hello" the woman greeted me once she was done with nick.

"hi, yea i am" i smiled and hugged her my stomach getting in the way a little. "you must be laura?" i asked. "yep" she smiled and went on the hug chris. "hi, i'm madi" the shorter girl said. "hi!, i'm brooke it so nice to meet you" i said with a smile. she observed that i was pregnant but she looked like she didn't want to pry to much. "how far along are you?" she asked. "um, about 22 weeks i think" i said laughing at my inability to keep track of my pregnancy. "oh, cool" she smiled. i knew it was a strange topic so i just asked her stuff about herself and we instantly hit it off, i really liked talking to her. she also happened to be really funny and she was nice too.

________~•

love madi🩷
im such a madi girl at heart
do we like it?
give it a vote if you do :)