𝟏𝟎.

𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧?ʷʰʸ ᵈⁱᵈ ⁱ ᵉᵛᵉⁿ ᵗʳʸ?(𝟏𝟎

ʷʰʸ ᵈⁱᵈ ⁱ ᵉᵛᵉⁿ ᵗʳʸ?
(𝟏𝟎.)

my hands shook as i felt the nerves vibrate through my whole body. i was walking down the familiar sidewalk to my favorite coffee shop.

i was overthinking every little thing. i craved acceptance from my dad, he was my best friend. i don't understand how he couldn't love me no matter what. i thought that was what he signed up for when he had me.

my hand raised to pull the door handle. i walked in and headed straight for the line to order. i hoped that a drink of hot tea would calm my raging nerves.

i didn't know what to expect from this, i wasn't sure what my dad would want to talk about. i hope that he would tell me he was sorry, that he wanted to meet his grandkids. but i wasn't sure that fate would be so kind as to give me such a good ending.

i sat at a booth once i got my order. my dad walked in and saw me sitting in the booth. he sat down after grabbing a cup of black coffee. he was always a simple man. "hi sweetie" he broke the silence. he observed how much i had changed in the last couple of months. and he definitely saw how far along i was.

"hi dad" i smiled warmly, hoping for the best from this meet up. "i wanted to see you, to be honest i've missed you" he sighed taking a sip of his hot beverage. "i missed you too dad" i was nervous to even move.

i didn't want to mess this up. i felt like i was on thin ice and if i said or did anything wrong the ice would break and i would fall under. i wish matt was here with me. i should have told him where i was going before i left.

"i wish that your mom wasn't so drastic when you moved out, i would have at least let you get a job first" he rubbed his temples with his pointer finger and thumb. "what?" my jaw was on the floor, i didn't understand what he meant.

"well honey you still would have needed to move out. if you think your responsible enough to go have sex with someone, then you should be responsible enough to live on your own" his expression changed from sweet to stern.

i didn't understand how he could act like that. "what? you seriously would have still kicked me out? wow, some parent you are. i'm so glad you care enough to come here and tell me that i still don't matter to you" i sighed and started to gather my things.

"what are you doing?" he asked. "we'll since you clearly don't care to get to know your granddaughters then this was not worth it. i'm leaving." i spat scooting out of the booth, being careful of my belly. i felt hot tears well in my eyes, they blurred my vision.

"honey wait" my dad tried to chase after me but i was already out the door. tears fell from my eyes as i wished more than anything for matt to be with me right now. to hug me and tell me it would be okay. he was so good at that. my car wasn't parked too far from the coffee shop.

my quick steps drew me nearer to my car. i drove home trying to calm myself and stop my tears. it was a quick drive back to matt's house. once i had arrived i stopped and parked in front of the house. i leaned my forehead on the top of my steering wheel. my keys jingled as i held them loosely in my hand.

all that could be heard in the silent car was the sound of my quiet gasps for air as i cried. i hoped that things would have turned out better. but maybe this was for the best? did i really want my kids around people who at one bad mistake threw me out?

no. i pulled myself together and headed inside. "hey where did you go?" chris asked as he saw me heading in. "i was getting tea with my dad, it didn't go well" i awkwardly laughed. "oh, i'm sorry" he stopped at the bottom of the stairs opening his arms for me to be engulfed in a hug.

i obliged and reciprocated the tight hug. "thanks, where's matt?" i questioned pulling away from the hug. "his room, dinner should be done in about an hour" he informed me and continued to the kitchen to hang out with marylou and nick.

i could hear nick bantering about something he sounded passionate about. i laughed to myself and headed up the stairs. matt's door was shut so i raised my knuckle to knock on his door. "come in" he sounded muffled through the door. i slowly opened the door peeking around the side of it with a small smile.

"hi" i greeted walking towards him. "hey brooke, where did you go off to earlier?" his expression softened when he caught sight of me. "i was actually grabbing tea with my dad, i should have told you sorry" i felt guilty for not keeping him in the loop.

"that's okay, you don't need to tell me everything, i just want to know if you're okay. did it go okay?" he reassured me. "not really, i shouldn't have fallen for it, he just basically told me that he would have kicked me out anyways even though he said he 'missed me', such bullshit" i said the last part quieter than before.

"i'm sorry brooke, you don't need him" he pulled me into his lap. i was sitting on the edge of his bed before. "let's go shopping tomorrow, i need to get some baby stuff" i suggested. "okay, i would love to" he smiled at me and leaned in for a kiss. we still had yet to establish what we were.

i wanted to be his girlfriend but i was content with whatever we were for right now. i snuggled into matt's body like he was my personal body pillow. he molded to my body to make me more comfortable. i always love that about him, he always wanted to make me feel comfy. i closed my eyes basking in this moment we shared together.

——————~•

B SPEAKS!

i hope this is interesting enough for now
i've been trying to come up with new ideas for this story because i write as i go :)
pls vote if you liked it
also i'm sorry updates are slightly slower lately, i've been doing a lot of stuff for school lately so i don't have a lot of extra time for writing but i promise i'm working on it 🩷