Chapter Nine

Hiding in Voids

In that moment of desired calmness Jack banged the door open looking at Kera with a stupefied expression he said, 'Your father!'

What about my father? 

He-he died! 

What!!!! 

Jack came with the Newspaper where it stated the Town Mayor had died and the chaos started who will stand next to protect the town rather than saying their goodbyes to the man to had given everything to the town. Kera sighed hard at the paper with some numbness in her heart she said I can't go to the funeral! Convey a message to my brother Jack. Kera wrote a letter to her brother stating to stay away from the family and go back to her mother's old town to be safe. Kera was perplexed for what should be done next with the watch and the key. She looked down to the piece of paper she got from the third alchemist. 

So, he knew the third alchemist all this time! she processed looking at the town map and regiments the Third alchemist was connected with.  In mid of her investigation for the routes and the elements she was given by her father, Keral walked in with tea. He was in his thoughts thinking why Kera is still over for mission rather than attending the funeral in disguise knowing she is good at it. 

What you put in it asked Kera

It's actually a Chamomile tea! Helps in stress and even sleeping! 

That's really thoughtful of you! Thank you for this!

You are not going to the funeral? 

No! I have lot of work to do! said Kera but in her words Keral could feel she wanted to go but her pride and work is not letting her to go. Kera! said Keral asking about the blue flower in the picture. Iris!!! yes these are rare flowers! I used to collect many blue colored flowers, and this is one of them which I and Glance had always liked said Kera but there was a transition of excitement seeing the blue flower then fading into sadness as she said it was their favorite. 

I saw that in THE BOOK!

What??? What else did you saw? 

Nothing! the book was empty! Only this flower was pressed in between the pages!

The more I think about these pieces! the more it takes an unexpected turn! If only I could see Glance!!!

Jack came with the maps and started discussing the routes and protocols. Jack told Kera to not worry for the route they will go as his sly mind will help to get them through. Jack smirked about the route and Kera knew that this guy has surely planned everything. As Jack and Kera were taking a break on the edge of rooftop Keral called in. 

Jack! Kera! I know how to find Glance!

Keral! We already know where Glance is!

What? 

Keral was confused as Jack finally told everything that how Kera goes every week to see Glance by the secret barn where Glance is in deep sleep, but they don't know how he came to the ball but surely know he has yet again fallen in deep sleep. You mean entire all this time he was on bed?

Yes! hanging between live and dead!

It doesn't make sense. I mean why would you go and meet him and why-- how!!! Oh My God!!!!