Chapter Fourteen

Guest of Honors

To welcome our guest!

Glance and Kera were in their combat mode. Few people fly in through the windows which made an impression to Kera that they are assassin ninjas hired by Nolan's army. Pitch dark with no sound of footsteps but breath getting fast. There was no count to be noted to know how many bullets are needed. 

The air was moving with everyone and so does the curtain flow with the wind. Kera! Glance whispered across the room as she was in charging to the kitchen. Don't shoot! 

Why? 

We need them alive! 

You know the rule!! Assassins are bound with promises the only way to break the promise is to die! If they are here to kill you, they will kill you!!

As Kera completed her sentence a knife passed in front of her face which made Kera smile to Glance;

 See! I told you!! 

Kera charged in front without any defense which made Glance concerned, but she did because she knew Glance was behind her to cover up. As the assassins attacked Kera and Glance they got separated and in mid of their shortcomings Kera again felt something weird to her head 'Not now!' she said as she started to lose balance. She felt liquid through her nose; it was bleeding. 

Glance shot the ninja dead when he saw his girl bleeding even though he was the first one to insist to not kill.  Enough for you! I can handle it said Glance pushing Kera harshly into the secret passage which opened as Glance touched some blocks through the books. 

No!!! until she could reach her voice out the passage the door was closed. It was dark again but that was not the feeling she was afraid of! 

She was afraid of not seeing Glance. Her memories of dreams came back to when she was losing Glance and back to when Karl was all hurt and Jack on verge of death. NO! NO! NO! she couldn't breathe and started to shake death to ground. The breath was getting heavy, no sign of her life in her and outside where Glance was fighting, both lives in madness. I can't breathe!!! her head started to spin and kept puking blood; she could feel blood rushing all over to her body. 

Ke-Kera!!! said Karl with flare accompanied by Jack. We heard the gun shots and--- before Karl could complete sentence, he saw the blood. The master Serum side effect!!! fu*k! Jack embraced Kera and started to run telling her to be awake. In that moment of her being started to get unconscious she had glimpses of her dream and had hallucinating episode where Jack was bleeding.  

Ja-Jack?? You are bleeding!!

Wh-what?

Jack!! oh no! lord no!!

What is she talking about Karl? 

She is hallucinating! We have to inject her the serum right now!!

Karl injected an unusual serum to Kera which made her body even more heavy. Before she could close her eyes completely, she heard Glance's voice,

 'Don't let her sleep, Karl! not ever again! 

I'm so tired! said Kera opening her eyes irritably to the brightness of light of morning. Where am I? she said as she noticed the ceiling. Oh, my daughter! a sweet voice came caring her face. It was Clove! Jack's mother. She started to talk about things and cared Kera with every sentence. Kera was tired but she felt safe and calm because of Clove. It's like a blessing to have people you love around you! thought Kera seeing Jack and Karl fighting with other with paper rolls.