9

"Babe you need to get up." Mel whispered in my ear, making me flinch away from the strange sensation.

"Fuck off." I muttered, rolling over and burying myself into my duvet that drowned me.

"Does your girlfriend know that you speak to women like that?" She teased, yanking the covers off me, making me glare at her.

"Girlfriend?" I sighed, already knowing where she was heading with it.

"Well Emily Fox obviously."

"You do know who she is, right? Emily Fox. Think of that name for a little longer."

"Oh believe me when I say, I have been doing nothing but thinking of Emily Fox- Emily fucking Fox. Holy shit! Emily fucking Fox. Why didn't you say anything Kiana? If I had known it was the same person I wouldn't have hit on her." She stumbled over her words, finally recognising who she was. "Hold the fuck up. Why are you two so... weirdly obsessed with one another?" She added on, confused.

"Sorry, do you maybe want to run that by me again?" I shook my head in disbelief at her comment.

"Oh please. When I introduced myself to her, she basically dug me a grave and gave you the soul to cover it up. Why did she move closer to you? Because she feels safe with you. Not ringing any bells? Yesterday you were with me, you asked if she needed a ride, she didn't but she still insisted that you could walk with her. Forget about the shitty bells that are meant to be ringing, there should be sirens going around that little head of yours." She rambled on.

"Well I fucked it up yesterday. We may have been at a point where we could qualify as friends in another life, but I fucked it up." I mumbled, rising from my bed and heading into the bathroom to brush my teeth.The door stayed open as Mel followed closely behind, unable to let the subject go.

I hadn't actually come to terms with it yet. That there is a chance that we might get along. I was so used to us just, hating one another, that getting along never even occurred to me as an option. We have hated each other for as long as we've known each other, so thinking now that there is a big chance that we could simply be friends, kind of makes me feel ill. Ill because of the anxiety coursing through my veins. If we can so easily be friends now, why couldn't we have done it years ago? Why couldn't we have done it before we caused each other a shit load of trouble? It just all seemed a bit too easy, how simple it can be to just shut up and get on with one another.

"How did you manage that? Tell me everything." She said seriously, but I could see her excitement getting ready to make itself known.

I rolled my eyes at her, but still chose to explain, even with a toothbrush in my mouth. "She shpoke- shed shomething about Richard..."

"Can you get rid of that shit and then speak to me properly." She scolded me, smacking the back of my head.

"Piss off." I said, but still proceeded to hurry up and then readied myself again, this time without the toothbrush in my mouth. "She asked me about Richard, seeing if I had spoken to him, I said no. Then she asked if I was going to and I kind of just- blew up in her face." My voice lowered with the last bit.

"What did you say?" She sighed at me, leaning her head on her hand as she rested her body against the doorframe.

"I told her that it was none of her business. Things just got a bit too friendly, it felt-weird. Not wrong, just weird." I tried to explain what I was feeling. I knew out of anyone in the world, she would understand what I was trying to say.

"Because you used to hate each other. All you've known for her is hatred, it's normal to feel strange if that changes. But if she's different now, my advice to you is, let it change. Accept the change. Let it happen, because if you don't, and you stick to hating her, it's going to hurt you both more than you think." She said, coming up to envelope me in a hug.

"Thank you. I just- I don't know how to act around her. She makes me nervous, and feel things that I certainly shouldn't be feeling for her. She's different now." I whispered, clinging onto her.

"So are you." She said, rubbing my back in a soothing motion. "Anyway, let's get you properly awake, I've made scrambled eggs and bacon, you need some food in you to be able to cope with the drinks you're going to be devouring in approximately- two hours. You need to invest in an alarm clock babe." She said, pulling away from me and shoving me out of the bathroom.

"I couldn't get to sleep last night." I spoke, projecting my voice across the apartment.

"Sure. Sure. You were definitely having a sex dream about she-who-must-not-be-named." She shouted back to me from the bathroom, I chose to ignore it.

"This bacon is amazing." I shouted to her, hearing the shower turn on.

"It always is when I cook it. It's only terrible when you do, but at least now we know how to prevent a fire. Just keep you away from anything that you can cook with." She shouted back, but started screaming lyrics instead. "AND IM LOSING MY FAVOURITE GAME!"

"YOU'RE LOSING YOUR MIND AGAIN!" I joined in.

"IM LOSING MY BABY, LOSING MY FAVOURITE GAME!" We sang together, letting the music flood the apartment.

"Bit ironic isn't it babe?" She said once the song had finished.

"How?"

"You're losing your favourite game. And you're losing to your childhood enemy."