15

"As much as I hate to do this, we need to go." Harry interrupted us, the partition already down as his teasing smile illuminated his face.

Emily gently pushed back from me, her hands holding herself up on my chest. Her eyebrows were knitted together, a strong gaze fixed on my face. My hands lay idle next to my man-spread legs, keeping them from touching her. My head gently fell back against the headrest, my eyes soft as I looked over her face, watching her thoughts run through her head.

"Chop-chop." Harry said as he pulled the boot open, grabbing our suitcases and then slamming the boot shut. He then proceeded to pull the door open that was nearest me, clapping to get us to hurry up and then leaving the door wide open as the traffic from the airport sped past.

"What the fuck Harry?" I huffed, tapping the outside of Emily's thigh to try and get her out of her head. "We need to go love." I whispered out to her, finally watching as the frown that imprisoned her face finally drifted away.

"Okay." She said, holding onto my arm to steady herself as she got off me and then out of the car, pulling me out with her. I stood in front of her, the height difference much more obvious now she wasn't in heels. I didn't let our gazes meet for too long, pushing the back door shut and placing a hand on Emily's lower back, urging her to walk with me as we followed Harry into the airport.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, watching her as she pulled my hand away from her back and instead clung to it.

"I don't like flying." Her small voice spoke.

"That's okay. I'll sit with you." I said, placing a hand over her's that dug into my arm, still moving her in the direction where Harry was now stood. The gate was awaiting our arrival, the private jet much bigger than what I had expected.

"Come on you two. We're running late." He said, motioning for us to follow him through the tunnel that eventually left us onto the brightly lit plane. "It's a two and a half hour flight, we will be there in no time." He said excitedly, placing our suitcases in a compartment near our seats. He chose to occupy a double seat, shoving his bag on one as he got comfy in the other.

"Come on." I said to Emily, pulling her to a set of seats a few down from Harry. There were twelve seats on the plane, all large and surrounded by dull glass that divided each one from the rest of the plane. The divider was only as tall as the chair, not completely blocking off the rest of the plane. Emily's bodyguards must have followed unnoticed as they had only just now caught my attention as they plonked themselves closer to the door, taking up the rest of the unoccupied seats. Only God knows why she needed nine bodyguards on a plane. "Do you want the window seat?" I asked her as I pushed our divider up, slightly blocking off everything else before turning to her.

"I- I don't know." She breathed out, panic setting in. Her hands slightly shook as she looked up at me helplessly. My hands grabbed her's, keeping them still.

"It's okay Em. I'll put the blind down. Want to know what I'm most scared of?" I said, releasing her hands and gently pushing her into the window seat as I leant past her to pull the blind down. I didn't wait for her response, I just carried on talking. "Mushrooms. Why the fuck do they taste the way they do? Why do they feel the way they do? It sounds ridiculous but you wouldn't believe how many meals I have had to leave because someone ordered me mushrooms. Don't get me wrong, some of them are cute, when they're halfway across the fucking world in a forest somewhere that I will never set foot in. There are over ten thousand types of mushrooms, they're going to take over the world. You would think that I would be scared of something a little less...edible." I finished my rant, getting comfy in my seat and eventually turning to her. Her eyes were already set on me.
"What?" I whispered, unable to ignore the anxiety that her stare was giving me. No one has ever looked at me with those eyes.

"You're incredible." She mumbled, her eyes bouncing between mine as I sat quietly, her chin resting against her hand as she leant on the armrest that separated us.

"It was only my preference on fucking mushrooms Fox." I muttered, finally looking away as I accepted defeat. The intensity was impossible to compete with.

"Why have we gone back to Fox?" She seemed irritated, and I didn't help that by only offering a shrug back. "You only seem to do that when it gets too intense. Am I too intense for you Kiana?" She asked, her fingers running across my knuckle as my hand sat next to her other arm on the armrest.

"No." I breathed out, my eyes latched onto her fingers as I let her tease me. Even if I wanted to, I don't think I could have stopped her.

"Then why? Why do you react to me the way you do?" She dared to ask. She was treading on very thin ice and she knew that if she said the wrong thing, it would blow up in her face.

"Because you- I don't know. It doesn't matter." I spoke, moving my hand away from her's and instead scrunching them into a fist and folding my arms as I try to contain whatever stress I was feeling. Was I scared? Was I angry? Was I sad? Those were questions I didn't know the answer to. Question I wish I did know the answer to. Because the answers that were waiting for me would have solved a lot of problems.

"I'm sorry." She whispered out, retracting her hands back to herself, her head falling back onto the seat in anger as she scrunched her eyes shut.
Her leg had begun bouncing, and I knew I had to do something. It wasn't fair to take this out on her when she was going through something she feared.

My hand gently rested on her thigh, straining against her hand when she tried to push it further down her leg.

"Kiana. I- you..." She stuttered, fighting against herself.

"I know. Just, let me." I said, squeezing her thigh gently as her breath caught in her throat. I then allowed my fingers to draw anything along her thigh as I pulled her head into my shoulder, then rested mine on top of her's.

At some point her eyes closed and she drifted off into a deep sleep. I spent my time miming to Harry whenever he tried to speak to me, mostly saying that I didn't understand what he was saying but because neither of us was getting anywhere we eventually gave up and decided on texting instead. Emily's bodyguards had took turns at walking up and down the plane, looking over Emily every time to check on her, then me. They didn't find a threat, they knew I wasn't a threat to Emily, so they offered me a curt nod every time they went past me. I almost felt accepted by them, but why? What difference did it make? I was her agent.

"Emily. We're here." I whispered as I gently squeezed her thigh, a groan slipping from her as she harshly grabbed ahold of my wrist. "Sorry."

"Just- be careful with that." She scolded, pushing my hand down towards her knee instead and rubbing the sleep away from her eyes. "What?" She asked when I kept quiet.

I shook my head, dismissing where my thoughts were going. "Sleep well?" I teased, smirking at Harry as he looked over at us. He offered me a shy smile back, maybe scared of the glare that currently gripped Emily's face.

"With you by my side, always." She whispered close to my ear, making me shiver as the smirk that used to be mine became her's. She stood from her seat, stretching and then clambering out of our section and towards one of her main bodyguards. I remained seated, staring ahead.

"Come on Kiana. Why do you look so... starstruck?" Harry asked, leaning against the seat in front of me as he clapped his hands in front of my face. I grimaced and smacked his hands away, grabbing my phone and my wallet, shoving them away and moving ahead of him as we all piled off the plane into the airport. "Oh. That's why." He said from behind me, following my gaze.

"Shut the fuck up Harry. You say anything, I'll put you back on that plane to London. Say bye-bye to Spain." I sneered, ripping my gaze from ahead of me and glaring at him.

"Shit, okay? I see we get angry when we're horny. My bad, I'll surrender and walk over there instead." He said, hastily moving away from me before I could snap back. My feet gently slapped again the concrete as we made it outside, the warm blaze hitting me. I took a deep breath before speeding up a little to catch up with everyone, still lagging behind to leave myself some peace and quiet. Especially from Harry and his opinions.