31

"Your room is as ready as it always is, Kiana. And Emily, I put you next to her. I wasn't sure if you wanted to have someone nearby in case you needed anything, if you don't, you can always move into the room at the other end of the manor." Shar said as she pushed me a little to hurry down the hallways towards my room. She turned once she had reached it, a smile lighting up her face. "We may have done it up a little. Thought you could do with a room that matched your age." She winked as she lent on the handle pushing the door open and moving aside for me to look in.

"Oh." I breathed out, what caught my eye was the large mirror on the wall next to the bathroom, and I couldn't help myself as I walked towards it, my hand pushing open the bathroom door to see that they had also renovated that. My fingertips gently glided over the silver frame of the mirror, my eyes meeting Emily's in the reflection as she too looked awestruck. She shook her head, looking away as Shar got her attention. I wandered into the bathroom, the deep blue navy walls matching perfectly with the one wall in my bedroom. The accessories were black, metal, giving it an industrial look. But despite this, it looked cosy. Like home.

I peeled my hoodie off, setting it over the hook on the bathroom door before leaving, and falling on my bed. I melted into the sheets, the scent smothering me, the same way it used to when I was younger.

"Do you like it?" Shar asked from the door.

"I love it. I love you so much." I muttered, rolling on my back before standing, meeting Emily's weary eyes. But why? Why was she looking at me like that? Like she was scared of me. My arms surrounded Shar, giving her a quick hug as I couldn't pull my gaze away from Emily's. Shar then left us, telling us about dinner. But neither of us were really listening.

My hand closed around her hoodie, yanking her in the room before shutting the door and pushing her against it, keeping her in place with my arm.
"What?" I asked softly, placing a strand of her hair behind her ear as she nervously looked up at me.

"Hmm?" Her eyes bounced between my lips and my eyes, urging me to take her places she truly wants to go to.

"Why are you looking at me like that? Why are you treating me like shit? Tell me what the problem is, Emily." Her hands grabbed onto my arm that kept her into place, her head resting against the door as she thought about what she was going to say. But her mouth remained closed. She wasn't going to say anything. I huffed, pulling her into me, pushing her gently away from the door before pulling my arm away. I yanked the door open, storming away from my room as I heard her feet pattering after me. I slowed once I had made it to the dining room, seeing the food laid out waiting for us all. Everyone else was just taking their seats as I dropped down in mine, Emily taking the seat next to me.

"Are you okay, sweetie?" Jerry asked from his place opposite mine as she placed some chicken and roast potatoes on my plate, like he always did.

"Fine." I muttered, gently smiling at him as he nodded his head in understanding.

"Later." He said, pouring some gravy over my food.

"Yep. Thank you." I said, my gaze meeting Mel's as she shook her head at my sour mood, mouthing snap out of it. I glared at her before turning my attention to Wren who sat on Shar's lap. His gaze was fixated on me, making the frown fall of my face as I motioned for him to come over. Shar carefully helped him off her lap, watching as he made his way around the table and stopping beside me. I tapped my lap in question, to which he nodded to and grabbed on to my leg. I lifted him onto my lap, placing him sideways so he can still see everything else. "Want something to eat, buddy?" I asked softly.

"Chips." His small voice spoke up.

"We haven't got any chips Wren, what about roasts?" I asked, pointing to the roast potatoes on my plate.