16

"Emily's downstairs at the bar. I tried to talk her out of it but she wouldn't let me bring her back up to her room. Max is down there, but he has no reason to interfere so he won't." Harry said, shaking his head as he opened the door that separated mine and Emily's rooms and plonking her bags on her bed.

"I can't believe they gave us rooms next to each other. Well, I could have coped with that, it's more the fact that they put a fucking door that connected the two." I mumbled, shoving my clothes in the drawers next to the neatly made bed, placed directly in the middle of the beautifully made hotel room. The walls were pristine, the white contrasting perfectly with the black decor. The bathroom was situated close to the exit, the grey panelling and the tinted glass of the shower made the room seem darker than it was. Overall, it was a very nicely decorated room. An overly lavish hotel. What more could I ask for?

"Why is that the problem? Afraid you can't keep your hands off of her?" Harry teased, again.

"Can you fuck off to your own room please? I'm going to find Emily before she gets herself in a bad situation." I sneered at him, slamming the door behind me and walking towards the lift as he busied himself with whatever it is that he does in his spare time.

My hand tapped nervously against my other, hardly able to control myself as I awaited something that I was certain I wouldn't expect. The lift doors opened, allowing the music to infiltrate the silence I had just gotten used to. The bar was full, bodies blending together to become one. Apart from Emily. The girl's face she was currently eating only made her stand out more. But only to me. No one else cared. My feet were already dragging me in her direction before I had time to think about what I could possibly say about it.

"What the fuck are you doing Fox?" I whisper yelled to her as I yanked her into me. My gaze looked over the girl, her smirk too big for her face as she disappeared from sight. My eyes turned to Emily's scrunched up face as she looked up at me in confusion. I pulled her away from the bar, pushing her a little into the elevator before pressing our floor. My eyes looked over her disheveled appearance in disappointment.

"Don't you dare look at me like that Kiana." She sniffled, rubbing her face as her tears fell.

"Why are you crying?" I asked her, moving closer in her direction, my hands out and ready to touch her before she put her's up, pushing mine down and away from her.

"You don't get to do this." She stressed out, running a hand through her hair, her bloodshot eyes looking up at me once again.

"Do what, Emily?"

"You pushed me away on the plane. You did that." She huffed. "Don't look at me with those eyes when I haven't done anything wrong."

"You kissed a stranger Emily. Do you know how bad that is for you? What if she's something to do with the media? People's motives aren't always nice." I said, backing away and out of the elevator when it pinged open, walking ahead of her but constantly glancing back to ensure that she was still there.

"And what are your motives Kiana. What do you want with me?" She voiced her thoughts, making me stand still outside my door. I didn't turn to look back at her. My door opened, causing me to look up.

"Oh. Hello ladies. Good night?" Harry asked as he noticed Emily with me too. He seemed to take the silence as his time to leave. "O-kay. Your keys are on the side. You two have fun. See you tomorrow morning." He said, rushing off down the corridor before eventually turning the corner out of sight. My hand pushed my door open again, motioning for Emily to follow me in.

"Our rooms are connected, may as well stick to using one door. Unless you don't want to." I mumbled, flopping onto my bed as I tried to will her question away. Out of mind, out of sight. But Emily, oh lovely Emily. She kept it in mind. My head lay buried in my arms, my hoodie slightly rising up my body, feeling a cold breeze hit me.

"Are you going to tell me what you want, Kiana." Normally it would have been a question. But there was no doubt in her mind that I would have some type of answer to shoot back at her. Therefore there was no hint of a question in her voice.

"Fuck sake Emily. Can you just drop it?" I huffed, turning over on my back, my breath catching in my throat as she stood, arms crossed at the bottom of the bed, staring over my body. She shook her head, turning away but perching on the bottom of the bed. She reached down, undoing her trainers before standing back up again to fling them off her feet. Her white socks matched perfectly with her skin, making it seem like she was more golden than anything else.

"Emily..." My voice came out timid, no warning evident. My intentions were to warn her away, but my body was having none of it. Her legs crawled up the bed, her hands brushing against the side of my body as she hovered over me. She let her gaze take me in before she perched on my hips, her hands resting against my stomach as she sat up straight whilst looking down at me.

"Tell me what you want." She whispered.

"I don't-I'm your agent. I don't want anything from you." I managed to get out. Fuck, only if my words hadn't failed me, that whole declaration would have sounded much more truthful. But failure is a lesson. It's never the end. I just hoped that the lesson I was learning was worth it.

"Kiana. I know when you lie. I've always been able to tell when you lie. Ever since the party. I couldn't forget that, I never will." She admitted. I became defensive too fast though. I scooted a little under her, bringing myself into a sitting position against the headboard. And then my mouth was running, trying to find a way out.

"I never lied at that party. Why the fuck would I have liked you? You were my worst nightmare. I would have ran for the fucking hills if that was the situation." My rant inevitably came to an end.
My convincing was getting nowhere, with her or myself. Even I didn't believe me.

"No you wouldn't. You didn't. Just like you're not now. You're in the same country as me, in a hotel with me, in the same room as me. And you're sitting under me. We were in this same position back then. I have never had anyone else look at me the way that you did at that stupid fucking party." She stressed, trying to get her point across.

"Okay fine. Let's say I sit here, and agree with everything that you're saying. Yes, I wanted something from you. I liked you, at that party. Despite everything, the hatred we had for one another, the trouble we caused one another...Somewhere, deep inside of me, I felt something other than hate towards you. Would that make you happy? Would that solve a lot of your problems Fox?" I growled, moving her off me as I stood. "You need to go. I'll see you whenever. Don't wait up for me for the premiere. I'll go back to London. Harry will stay with you. I'm sure Max will look after you." I dismissed her.