23

"Oi. Get up Wonder Woman." Laurel said, tapping my cheek hard enough to wake me up. I winced as my neck had stiffened from the way I had been sitting.

"Fuck Laurel. Where's Mel?" I groaned, taking my belt off and sliding out of the car. My gaze got lost on the street that I had longed to see, the way people rushed to their destination, the cars that piled for miles down the road, the sound of the bin lorry.

"Hey. You okay?" Laurel said, genuinely concerned by my lack of concentration on the answer that she had given.

"Fine. Just missed home. Never thought I'd want to smell rain mixed with rubbish from the bin lorry. But I did." I sighed, rubbing a hand over my face as sleep tried to grasp envelopes me.

"Come on inside. I think you need to go to sleep for a few days. You look terrible." She said, pushing me towards the reception. She handed her keys to a valet, another new addition to our apartment complex.

"How nice of you to point out." I muttered, rubbing my eyes as I tried to keep up with her. She huffed when I lagged behind and instead chose to pull me with her. I barely noticed the newly decorated reception, the added elevators or the new front door that we had.

"Holy fuck!" I seethed as a sharp pain to my cheek pulled me out of my daze. Laurel was no longer with me and Mel was nowhere in sight.
"Emily." I whispered once I had returned to my normal height. Her glare was harsh. My eyes avoided her gaze but instead roamed over her body. She was wearing some comfy slippers, red and black checkered pyjama bottoms and a strapped red top. I strained not to look too hard.

"That's it? You leave without a word and then you say nothing when you get back. You could have gotten yourself killed out there and all you did was pass on a fucking message. Fuck you Kiana." She sneered, turning to walk away.

"I'm sorry. I've missed you. More than you can imagine." I spoke softly. She turned to me, silent. My hand no longer cradled my cheek, I deserved it after all. It now searched my pocket for a gift that I had tried hard to keep safe. My fingers grasped onto it, offering it to her on a flat palm. Her eyes softened a little at the gesture, but she didn't take it.

"You got Richard to tell me you liked me, then you were gone. What the fuck am I supposed to do with that information if you're not even in the same fucking country as me? And now what, a peace offering? I don't want your shit Kiana." She muttered, watching a single tear slide down my cheek. But despite that, my face was stone cold.

I nodded, putting the small box on the kitchen counter and then stepping back from her a little as if she had physically hurt me. "Open it when you want. Or don't. It's not a peace offering. It's a gift. I never stopped thinking about you Em. No matter what was happening, I was always thinking about you." I murmured, my gaze falling to the floor as I shook away my thoughts. I didn't want to get emotional. I understand why she's upset. But I didn't have the energy to talk it out right now. "I'm sorry that I disturbed your sleep, you should go back. You need to sleep." I spoke gently, moving past her and heading towards my room. I didn't touch my bags that lay dropped on the floor outside my door, I discarded my uniform finally and dropped on my bed, wearing only my underwear.

My door creaked open, the sound of feet on my hard wood floor getting closer to me before a weight forced my bed to dip slightly. "I'm glad you're back. Laurel said I could sleep with you tonight if that's okay?" Mel's voice wobbled. I rolled over enough to give her room, lifting my arm up to allow her to scoot in next to me. Mel was a very physical person. Her love language was touch, and I knew that she needed this. I needed this too. I would also enjoy this with someone else, but I liked this with Mel. She was my best friend, and I missed her more than anything.

"I missed you Mel." I grumbled, before allowing sleep to overcome me. My dreams were quieter than they were before, but I jumped awake as my door creaked through the silence. I felt around an empty bed, Mel must have gone back to her room.

"Mel?" My voice was unsure, my eyes squinting to see in the dark. The lips that met mine made it very clear that it wasn't Mel. I breathed out heavily as her body fell onto mine, falling back onto the bed. My hands held her body close to me as she nipped at my bottom lip.

"Hey! Wake the fuck up!" Mel's voice interrupted as she shook me. The room was slightly lit up from the sun outside, but the gloom that remained meant it was still early morning.

"What?" I mumbled, confused.

"Of course you were having a sex dream about her. Babe, you need to sort that shit out and see if she will fuck the living daylights out of you. You clearly need it. Did you have sex at all when you were away?" Her eyebrows rose in curiosity as she stood at the bottom of the bed with a toothbrush in her hand.

"No." I muttered, burying my head when she giggled.

"Who's flirting with my girlfriend?" Laurel's voice echoed through the apartment as my bedroom door was ajar.

"Oh sweetie, it's just Ki Ki. She's horny." Mel shouted back, making me groan as I chucked a pillow at her as she darted out of the room. I made an attempt to run after her but got tangled in the bags that I had decided to leave there the night before and ended up landing face first on the floor halfway in the hallway.

"Fuck." I groaned, rolling on my back and meeting a very amused pair of eyes. "I'd run for the hills whilst you can. The sex jokes will be relentless." I told her as I lay flat on the floor. I watched as her eyes roamed quickly over me, stopping slightly on my  stomach, my Calvin Klein boxers and my thigh, and then my stomach again before finally meeting my eyes.

"I don't think I will. I like seeing you angry. You're sexy when you're angry, especially now you actually have some form of a threat with that body." Emily teased, smirking at my wide eyes.

"You're not helping." I groaned, squeezing my eyes from looking at her.

"Oh Foxy, look what you've done to our little soldier. She's too horny to walk now. Got her all huddled up on the floor. Poor soul. Let's leave her to wake up a bit, and maybe even take a cold shower to help with that blush." Mel smirked over her, grabbing Emily and pulling her away from me. Thankfully.