𝙴𝚗𝚐𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

Author's Note: 𝟭𝟴+, M/M, Mpreg, Mates, Limes & Lemons later on, so be forewarned

𝘼𝙡𝙨𝙤, 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙎𝙖𝙨𝙪𝙠𝙚'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

🦊

For my eighteenth birthday, it never would have occurred to me that I would be spending it in the village's most powerful ninja's office, Little did I know this would mark the beginning of the end for me. The end of the world I knew.

My name is Sasuke Uchiha, as the only surviving member of the Uchiha clan, I was fully aware of the weight of responsibility that rested on my shoulders, and as the last surviving member of my once proud clan, it was my duty to ensure that the legacy of the Uchiha bloodline would not be extinguished with my life.

The Uchiha clan was known for its extraordinary Sharingan, a visual jutsu that granted the user unparalleled perception and combat abilities.

However, after losing everyone I held dear, including my parents and brother, I vowed to find a way to pass on the power of the Sharingan to future generations. I just never thought it would be in this form of fashion.

It was an inevitable truth that I had to confront which caused my mood to darken with each passing second, but suddenly, my train of thought came to an abrupt halt when I heard the Hokage clearing her throat. It was then that I was aware of my surroundings again.

Tsunade-dono's gaze caught mine as I looked up.
We sat facing one another, the Hokage, and I.
I could only guess I was here to be informed about this recent program circulating throughout the village, because of it I had hoped to avoid sitting in this very spot. However, I soon discovered that it was a mandatory meeting for all residents to discuss the program and its potential impact on our community.

This program united the five major ninja villages of Konoha, Suna, Iwa, Kumo, and Kiri. Through this alliance, they agreed to work together to rebuild their nations and promote peace. This marked a significant change in the relationship between these villages, as they had previously been in competition and conflict with each other. With this new partnership, they hoped this would create a stronger and more peaceful future for their people.

I knew better.

We had all suffered a significant decline in population due to war, famine, and disease.

However, despite their efforts, the repopulation program faced challenges such as limited resources and a lack of interest from the younger generation. As a result, the villages had to find other ways to attract new residents, such as providing job opportunities and improving infrastructure. Ultimately, the success of the repopulation program will depend on the combined efforts and creativity of the villages involved.

They hoped that this program would lead to a resurgence of the population and create a stronger community between the five villages. By encouraging people to marry and have kids.

This false sense of community was forced upon us as if to distract us from the true price of war. We were being pacified and domesticated, our skills and training rendered useless in the face of a truce treaty. It felt like a betrayal to those who had lost their lives and to the ninja way of life that we had dedicated ourselves to. Our sacrifices were being brushed aside and forgotten, replaced by a false sense of peace.

I realized that my fortress was not impenetrable after all. In fact, it was filled with holes and weak spots that allowed my fears and insecurities to seep in. No matter how hard I tried to push them away, they always found a way to sneak back in. I came to understand that true peace and solace can only be found within, and not through external means. So either way I was a lost cause.