𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚠𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

Author's Note: 𝟭𝟴+, M/M, Mpreg, Mates, Limes & Lemons later on, so be forewarned

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙢𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮. 𝙄'𝙢 𝙖𝙩 𝙖 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙤 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙤𝙢 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩. 𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠 𝙮𝙤𝙪.

𝘼𝙡𝙨𝙤, 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙎𝙖𝙨𝙪𝙠𝙚'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

🦊

It was late that night when he appeared, and I could sense his presence without looking at him.

"The Hokage sent me to come collect you." Kakashi's calm and smooth cadence seemed to stand out in my room.

I stared at the variety of weapons I had laid out on my bed, there was no use trying to hide my intentions, sighing, I stood and faced him.

I replied in an abrupt and cold tone, "I can't. I have more pressing matters."

As I was getting ready for what was to come, a small chuckle escaped his lips. "It looks more like you're getting ready for battle," he joked, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I knew he was trying to lighten the mood, but it was hard to find humor in the situation I was in.

I felt his gaze on me as I finished securing my gray flak vest, and I could tell he was studying me closely. "What are you planning to do?" He pried. His arms casually looped as he leaned against my doorframe. He had curled his pointer finger through the ring of his kunai and calmly started to spin it clockwise and then counterclockwise.

I paused for a moment, my mind racing as I thought about the options, I could either lie or be truthful. Finally, I met his gaze and spoke, my voice steady and resolute.

"I'm leaving and I won't be returning, so there is no use in trying to talk me out of it." I think he knew through my directness that I was eager to leave. I was going to use the cloak of night to slip out unnoticed, but at this rate, I would be leaving during sunrise.

"Well, Tsunade is not going to like that one bit." He chuckled while shaking his head.

"I don't care!" Those words were me at my most authentic.

"Look, I know since you found out about the pregnancy you have been eager to leave but." I chose to cut him off right there, "This village does not need me anymore Kakashi. The peace treaty is a clear sign that soon the age of shinobi will be obsolete. My allegiance here is no longer of importance only my family."

"Sorry, but the Hokage is not just going to let this slide. Sakura told her that Naruko has an ethereal Chakra, and you know as well as I, no normal shinobi possesses such Chakra." The darkness of my room was illuminated by a faint glow of the new moon seeping through the window. 

It was in this dim light that his voice pierced through the silence, jolting me out of my thoughts. Anger coursed through me as I realized that my decision to involve Sakura in helping Naruto had yielded unfavorable results. The frustration only intensified with each passing second.

"Why would she do that?" Did she not trust me? Or was she concerned about protecting the village? I couldn't quite understand her actions.

"Sakura mentioned that she sensed something chaotic and dark inside Naruko that frightened her. I believe once she figured out that you were planning to leave tonight to search for her. She decided to follow protocol by informing the Hokage." We were both silent as I tried to comprehend the gravity of what was being said. He was not going to let me leave that easily.