𝙳𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚝

Author's Note: 𝟭𝟴, M/M, Mpreg, Mates, Limes & Lemons later on, so be forewarned

𝘼𝙡𝙨𝙤, 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙎𝙖𝙨𝙪𝙠𝙚'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

🦊

The darkness of the night enveloped me completely when I decided to leave. Despite repeated requests to rest, the kitsune who had been treating me had returned several times to check on my condition, much to my annoyance. 

However, this time she had finally retired for the night, and I knew that it was my chance to slip away unnoticed. My heart was pounding as I sneaked out, with the anticipation of reaching Naruto's place adding to my sense of urgency.

Leaving the cottage clinic proved to be more frustrating than I initially thought. Each step felt like I was walking on hot coals, and my body burned all over. I knew that they wanted me to rest and heal, but the need to know the truth if my fiancé and my brother had a relationship drove me to press forward. So, I kept hobbling out of the room door and in the direction of the blonde's place.

To my surprise, as I progressed, I realized how high up the place they had saved my life was. It was not close to Naruto's home that I could see in the distance. This realization made me feel even more discouraged. It was a long and arduous walk that awaited me. I inwardly groaned, knowing that the journey ahead was going to be challenging.

As I took just a few steps forward, a realization struck me hard that I had been in an endless pursuit of him. It felt like he was always out of my reach as if the universe was conspiring against me. I had made it down to the road where I suddenly lost my footing and fell on my back. Looking up at the starry night sky, I did something unexpected, something that had eluded me for years. I started laughing, and the laughter seemed uncontrollable. It was a release of all the pent-up frustration, despair, and the truth that I was uncovering about my clan. The emotions collided within me, forming a singularity of sorts.

As I lay there on my back in the middle of the dimly lit road hysterically laughing, a sudden shadow fell upon me, blocking out the little light I had. I looked up to see a figure towering over me, and before I could react, a familiar voice cut through the silence. "I know that damn stench from anywhere," he said in an annoyingly obnoxious tone. It was Kiba. I couldn't help but laugh at his over-the-top greeting, but my laughter was cut short as I realized the gravity of the situation. "What are you doing here? You here to finish the job?" I stared up at him, trying to keep my cool.

"What the hell is wrong with ya man?" he said with a raised brow, our eyes locking in an intense stare.

He held a handout for me, and I hesitated for a moment before taking it. With a grunt on my part, he helped me to my feet and helped slap my arm over his shoulders.