𝙸𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚒 𝚄𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚑𝚊

Author's Note: 𝟭𝟴, M/M, Mpreg, Mates, Limes & Lemons later on, so be forewarned

𝘼𝙡𝙨𝙤, 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙎𝙖𝙨𝙪𝙠𝙚'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

🦊 

With great reluctance, I gave up my pretense of sleep and sat up slowly. The throbbing pain in my body was nothing compared to the rush of nerves that had gripped me. As the woman stepped back.

It seemed like every pair of eyes locked on me excluding Naruto's who was snoring lightly by my side.

Kurama's voice had cut through the air; his tone was hard to decipher.

"How much did you hear?" His question hung in the air, and I knew that the answer could have two different outcomes, but there was no use in denying it.

"Everything," I spoke up, my voice barely audible, betraying the uncertainty that I felt inside. "The Uchiha that you met, what was his name?" I knew the answer even before he confirmed it but something in me just needed to hear him say it.

He raised a fine brow at me, tilting his head slightly at the question.

"I believe my grandson called him Itachi-momo-kun," Kurama mused.

I laid back down, my eyes closing in a mixture of annoyance and pain. "Why was he here?" I said through gritted teeth.

"The Uchiha in question had formed an attachment with my grandson late one night, which took me by surprise when I caught them. However, I must confess that I was not entirely pleased with this development. I had taken great pains in keeping my grandson unaware of your clan's affairs and existence, and so I felt it was necessary to keep them apart. Although I was relieved to learn of his untimely passing, fate had other plans. It seems that his death has brought you and my grandson together instead, whether by happenstance or design. It's a curious turn of events." He sighed deeply as if thinking about it all over again was exhausting to him.

As I heard about the attachment they shared, my jaw clenched. Naruto even had a nickname for my brother, and I couldn't help but notice the hint of anger in my voice.

"Attachment?" Something about the way it was said made me feel like there was more to the story.

And Kurama's attempt to downplay their meeting only seemed to fuel my anger as I struggled to regain control of my emotions, I was so close to breathing fire. I would have tried to kill my brother again if he was still alive, but then again, if he were still alive... Neither Naruto nor I would have met.

Even in death, he held something over me!

Suddenly, Jiraiya's voice cut through the silence, attempting to make light of my response, with a joke. "Oof, sounds like someone is jealous." He threw his head back and hollered with laughter. His reaction and words only added fuel to the fire, and I snapped back, denying any feelings of jealousy.

"I'm not jealous you damn loudmouth buffoon!" As I sat up, I immediately regretted it, as pain coursed through my body. I could see them exchange a glance as if communicating without words. My outburst left them unconvinced.

Just then Naruto stirred, his voice filled with irritation. "Will you all shut the hell up, I'm tryin' to sleep over here!" He growled, shooting the three of them a dirty look. His hair bristled out, resembling the coat of a cat.

Jiraiya, however, wasn't about to back down. "Calm yourself cub, you're just moody now that you're pregnant," he countered, a hint of amusement in his voice.