𝙰𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎

Author's Note: 𝟭𝟴+, M/M, Mpreg, Mates, Limes & Lemons later on, so be forewarned

Thank you all <3 sorry for the late update! It felt like everything was trying to delay me.

𝘼𝙡𝙨𝙤, 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 Naruto'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

🦊

Three Years Prior

As I approached the tree I called home, I noticed that Gaara was already there, waiting for me. He was standing with his arms crossed, wearing an expression of mild annoyance. As I drew closer, I saw him tapping his foot impatiently. 

"Where were you?" he asked, in a tone that suggested he was not pleased with me. 

I took a deep breath before responding, trying to check my irritation. "Nowhere important," I replied, hoping my answer would satisfy him.

"That's not what Kiba told me," Gaara countered.

"Kiba is not my dad, and neither are you," I said, giving him a look.

"And why does it matter?" I asked, rolling my eyes and walking past him.

He then started walking alongside me, keeping pace.

"Well," he said, "we heard the news about your bonding ceremony, and Kiba went to check up on you last night, but you weren't there."

"I had to go take a leak," I responded, trying to brush off his prying.  Why did he have to remind me about that damn bonding crap, again? I had a wonderful night and didn't want to think about anything else!

"He waited until morning for you," Gaara continued.

"So what, I went for a stroll after that," I said, trying to sound casual, but I knew he was unconvinced.

He had grabbed me, pushing me against the wall. "What the hell Gar!?" I shouted. This was unlike him to be so aggressive. Usually, stoic, pensive, and occasionally sweet were his normal temperaments. His actions did not go unnoticed, he gained a few curious glances.

"If you're trying to hide something you're doing a piss poor job at it because I can smell human all over you," he whispered vigorously, his voice filled with suspicion. 

"You were sneaking near that village again, weren't you?"

"No," I said, my voice firm. But as I denied it, I couldn't help but glance down at the coat that Itachi let me use. I had it tucked under my right arm in an attempt to hide it.

Gaara noticed it too, his eyes narrowing in suspicion.

"What's that?" he asked, his voice laced with a hint of probing to it.

"Nothin'," I responded, quickly dismissing his question.

"I'm telling your grandfather," he threatened.

"Alright, alright," I said, holding up my hands. "It belongs to a human."

"What!" Gaara exclaimed, his matching, maroon-colored ears shooting up on his head. We needed to go somewhere more private, there were too many kitsunes around watching us.

Before he could say anything else, I covered his mouth with a hand, silencing him.

"Shhh, don't say anything," I whispered.

Gaara glared at me, his pale green eyes filled with a mixture of annoyance and concern.

"Just listen," I said, my voice calm and persuasive. "I can explain everything later. But for now, please just keep quiet."