002

ROSALIE LET OUT A FRUSTRATED BREATH,"It needs to be tighter at the back," she spoke, staring in the mirror. The woman pinched the frabric at the back of the dress, clipping it and looking at Rosa.

"Perfect," she whispered. "I need it finished by Tomorrow, is that possible?"

"Im the best dress maker your family has ever had, of course it is possible," The woman smiled, helping her slip out of the dress.

"Thank you, you may go now," Rosa dismissed her, pushing her hair behind her ears. One of the only reasons she'd agreed to attend the Shelby wedding was that she got a new dress out of it.

Rosalie walked throughout the large house, looking at the paintings on the walls.

"Miss Williams, your father is waiting for you in the drawing room," one of the maids told her. She nodded and let out a breath before walking to the room.

Her father had decided he wanted another family portrait painted. Which Rosalie absolutely hated because it took so long and because they always pointed her too pale.

"Hello, father" she sighed, walking inside.

"Where have you been?"

"Getting my dress fitted, where else would i have been." Rosalie said bluntly, sitting down in the red velvet chair in front of her parents.

"Will you're dress be ready for tomorrow?" Anne asked, placing a hand on her shoulder and looking straight. Rosalie hummed in response, tilting her head up slightly as the man looked between the family and the canvas.

"Please, Smith, don't paint me so pale this time, it makes me look ill" Rosa scoffed, keeping still.

"We won't be attending the ceremony tomorrow, just the dinner and after party" James said. "And i want you to behave accordingly, it's a respectable event."

"Oh please," she whispered. "When do i not behave,"

"I'm just saying-" James defended, trying not to grow frustrated at his daughter.

Anna ignored the slight bickering between the two.

At least three hours had passed and Rosalie was getting extremely bored. "Smith, where are you up to?" she asked. "I'm almost finished, my lady" he mumbled, staring at the canvas.

She bit her lip, fidgeting slightly.

"It is so warm," she complained. "Rosalie," James scolded. "Please, for the love of god, be quiet"

"Rude," she whispered, sitting up straight.

"And i believe i'm finished," Smith spoke. Rosalia gasped, standing from her seat and walking to the canvas. Her eyes searched the painting, admiring the small details. And for once, he'd painted her the correct colour, she didn't look like a ghost.

"It's gorgeous" She complimented, "well done" Rosa nodded.

"Now please, may i be excused?"

James shared a glance with Anna and he nodded, giving up and not wanting to argue with her.

-

Diana walked into Rosalie's bedroom, a few pieces of paper in hand. "I did the research you asked me to do," she said, placing the paper on the bed.

"Thank you, Diana" Rosa sat straight, picking the papers up, not looking as Diana walked out.

Her eyes scanned the page.

Grace Burgess, the woman that Thomas was marrying had set him up and betrayed him two years prior.

Rosalie hummed, amused.

Polly Gray, the Shelby boys Aunt has a son who was taken from her when he was young. Micheal Gray. She also had a daughter, Anna Gray who sadly died. Micheal was twenty.

The Shelby Family had many enemies. Billy Kimber who they betrayed and planned to take over at the Worcester Races with the Lee Family. But the barmaid let slip and the Peaky Blinders were left to deal with Kimber and his men. They successfully killed him.

Sabini. They took Epsom Races the year before, destroying all the licenses of the bookies.

They ended a feud with the Lee family by marrying off one of the younger brothers, John to Esme Lee who was in need of a husband.

"Interesting," she grinned.

The Shelby Family were Gypsies, they could 'see spirits' some said. Rosalie didn't really believe that. She thought it was ridiculous.

Rosalie folded the papers over, pushing them into her drawer and leaning backwards into her pillows.

"Lord give me strength" she joked, closing her eyes.

Another reason she'd agreed to going to the wedding was because there was a good chance that there would be side things going on. Betting on horses or fights, for example.

Two things that the Shelby family were known for. Fixing fights and horse races.

She found it all extremely amusing that they got away with all the things they did.

-

Rosalie smiled widely at herself through the mirror, looking at her light blue dress which had diamonds scattered across the top. She placed her earrings in her ears and fixed the necklace that sat on her chest.

"Oh, darling you look beautiful," Anna complimented as Rosalie exited her room.

"Thank you, mother"

The pair walked down the stairs, meeting James outside by the car. "Let's get going then," he said, throwing his cigarette to the floor and standing on it.