015

TOMMY LOOKED DOWN AT THE BULLET IN HIS HAND,  Hughes' name carved in it, placing it into his gun and following the priest into the building.

He held his gun tight, walking through the lavatory cautiously. As he pointed his gun, two men grabbed him from behind, shoving him against the wall and punching him. Tommy flight back but eventually got thrown to the floor, hitting his head on the concrete. The man picked his head up, throwing it against the metal pipe.

He pushed Tommys head against the wall and he screamed, his eyes rolling to the back of his head as a crack was heard.

-

"You idiot, you nearly killed him. I told you we needed him fully conscious" Jarvis said, looking at Tommys body. "We need to stop using soldiers who've been in India, they hit too hard."

"Not fucking hard enough," Hughes hissed, pushing Tommy with his foot. "Mr Shelby, i heard about your plan to kill a holy man from a voice in the confessional."

"Can you hear us?" Jarvis asked,

"Grace?" Tommy whispered.

"Shelby" Jarvis leaned over him. "Why were you attempting to kill father Hughes? Maybe we should wait until he's fully conscious"

"I have a dinner appointment," Hughes complained. "Shelby," he grabbed his face, "wake up, eyes front. Mr Shelby, you're trying to kill me, were you?"

"Passing information.." Tommy whispered.

"Fuck. He knows" Jarvis said.

Thomas opened his eyes, groggily looking about. "Where am i?"

"You are among the Odd Fellows. Please count from ten to one."

"Ah fuck you.."

-

Tommy slouched in his chair, asleep. Francis walked in, "Sir, i don't understand.." she paused when Tommy jumped, waking. "I don't understand why as a former soldier yourself, you have sacked all of the former soldiers on the staff. It means there's only one man in the household."

"Mary, i want it so that Charles is never on his own" he groaned, holding his head. "Understood?"

"Sir, i should call a doctor."

"There will be some men coming. Coming down from Birmingham. And you put them up here in the house. You put them in the front and back of the house, you feed them and you.."

"Why are they needed, sir?" she interrupted.

"I brought the cursed sapphire into this house, Mary. And now i'm paying for it. And i don't know what to expect. But neither do my enemies. Tell David to bring the car around, i need to go go London."

"Sir.."

"And get me some tea, Mary."

Tommy clung onto the phone, calling Arthur. "Yes, Arthur"

"Tommy?"

"They want the robbery to be sabotaged. They don't give a fuck who gets hurt," he breathed. "Are you all right, Tommy?" he asked.