006

ARTHUR PACED THE ROOM, Polly sat in the chair in front of him. "All right Finn, thanks for coming, fuck off" Arthur said as the younger boy brought John to the room.

"Finn you can stay" Tommy said, entering through the den. "Sit down John. Sit down"

John hesitantly took a seat, "John you cut Angel Changretta. Even though Arthur told you to apologise and Polly told you to compromise. You chose not to listen to Mr Apologise or Miss Compromise. And now ive got an Italian walking around my backyard saying hes going to kill my brother." he shouted.

"So what are we going to do, John, apologise or compromise" he asked. They all looked at John, waiting for him to respond.

"Oh it was just something John said as a joke" Arthur said. "Yeah but hes your brother as well Arthur"

Arthur nodded. "I didnt want to start a war over something John said without meaning it"

"So should we apologise in Italian or English? Or should we ask them which fucking language they prefer?"

They began talking about rebellion and peace at home.

"We take two of the Changretta pubs and we take them tonight, thats it" Tommy said, walking away. Arthur stood, shaking his head.

"Oh, right, for christ sake why?"

He stopped. "Eh? he asked. "Why?" Polly repeated. "Because we fucking can, and if we can, we do. The Williams family have connections with the Changretta family and we cannot risk losing business with them"

Micheal lifted his head at the name of Rosalie's family.

"And if we lift our heel of their necks now, theyll just come at us. Remember these are the bastards that wanted Danny Whizz Bang dead" he reminded them "Your getting soft brother, soft and weak, save the bibles for sundays eh?"

-

"Miss, theres a phone call for you," Diana said, standing at the door of the library that Rosalie sat in. "I'll take it in a moment,"

"I believe it's the Gray boy"

That was all Rosa needed to take the call automatically. She hesitantly picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Hello, Rosalie," she could hear his grin through the phone. "Micheal," she said, sitting down. "Is this going to become a regular thing?" she asked him.

"If i want it to become a regular thing, maybe."

She laughed at him. "If my father was to know i was speaking with a member of a family he does business with over the phone, he'd go insane"

"Insane? Why?"

"He can be difficult when it comes to the people i talk to. He believes i should marry into a high status."

"Wow," he said jokingly, "am i not of high status, Rosalie?"

"Maybe in Birmingham. But to my father you're just the person who deals with the legal side of Shelby Company Limited." she told him.

"That is what i am, is it not?"

Rosalie rolled her eyes at his attempt to confuse her. "Be quiet, Micheal." she said. "What was the reason you called."

"My cousin is holding a charity dinner tomorrow night. I thought i'd ask you to be the woman on my arm," he suggested.

"Oh my, what would the people say if they saw Rosalie Williams on the arm of a Peaky Blinder?" she tormented. "Or..what would the people say if Micheal Gray had a Lady on his arm"

She heard his light chuckle. "Is that a yes, Lady Rosalie" Micheal mocked.

"Hm..i suppose i could do some charity work for a night, it would look good on my behalf" she joked. He gasped. "Is that what i am, charity work?"

"Yeah,"

"Very funny, Rosalie, i'll have a driver pick you up at seven."

"Sounds good. Oh, and Micheal, before you go. What's your favourite colour?" She asked. He grew confused. "Well..er, i quite like red."

"Red it is, goodbye Micheal"

Before he could say anymore, she'd placed the phone down, letting out a tired breath. Who knew that going around with a Peaky Blinder was so difficult?

"Diana!" She shouted, pinching the bridge of her nose. "I need a red dress, preferably silk" Rosalie looked at her.

Diana said nothing, just nodded in agreement and went to call the dress shop.

Despite how strange the interactions between the two had been over the two weeks, she somewhat enjoyed the chase. It felt different to have to work for a boy that she wanted, she liked that he didn't swoon over her. The pair had made it clear that they wanted something with each other, they were just both too stubborn to do anything.

Micheal too thought that taking things slow was a waste of time. But that could just be because he was used to fucking whores who will do anything with a Blinder. Either because they like their lifestyle of because they know that they pay well.

But all that Rosalie knew was, she'd get what she wanted in the end.

-

Authors note: I'll admit this isn't my favourite story that i've wrote. But i'm trying to make it somewhat interesting considering this is quite different compared to my other peaky blinder stories.