018

TOMMY THANKED THE MAID WHO OFFERED TO TAKE CHARLES, "Thank you for your time" he smiled, walking away.

Micheal's hand was placed on Rosalie's back as they stood talking with Arthur.

Nor Micheal or Rosalie had brought up that phone call the night that James threatened to send her off, they moved on, choosing to ignore it.

Tommy looked around, frowning.

"Where's Charles, Ada?" he asked. "I gave him to you" she said. "Where is he?" he frowned. "I don't know"

"Boys" Tommy caught the attention of his brothers. "Have you seen Charlie,?" he asked. "I dunno he's playing ain't he?" Arthur asked.

Rosalie scanned the room, looking for the small boy.

Tommy walked to Polly. "Pol wheres Charlie?" he asked. She didn't know either so Tommy moved to Lizzie,

"Charles, have you seen him"

She shrugged. "I don't know"

"Back door, kitchen. Get to Blake street where the cars are" he pointed at his brothers and Micheal.

"Tommy, someone said they saw a nurse take Charles through the back door" Ada shouted.

"Fuck" Tommy hissed. Tommy rattled door handles in attempt to find the kids.

"Arthur" Ada stopped him. "Someone said they saw a woman and two kids getting into a car"

"Ah fuck" he shouted, rushing outside.

"Charlie!" Thomas shouted."Hey" Arthur stopped him. "Where's my son?" he shouted. Arthur held his hands.

"Stop" he said, "We've blocked off all the junctions, we've called moss" he assured her.

"Where's Isiah?" he asked.

"He's gone off looking with John."

"Tom someone took them, they put em in a car and drove south, we have put every man we have on the junctions. You need to go to the office and sit by the phone, whoever took them is going to call"

Rosalie stood at the front of the house, looking about. "Micheal?" she asked, grabbing his arm. "You go back to the house, make some calls. Stay by the phone with Tommy,"

She nodded and got inside the car.

-

"I need Micheal at the Maypole junction" Tommy said as they walked through the house. "Moss to block all the roads south"

Tommy held the phone, calling Moss before throwing it at the wall. "Tommy" Polly said.

"It's them"

"Look it might just be some random woman" Polly sighed.

"No, it's them."

"Did you break the phone" Polly whispered, rushing to it.

"You've broke the phone, it's all right we've got another"

"Who?" Rosalie asked. "Tommy has many enemies, Rosalie." Polly said, picking up the other phone and placing it on the table. "Many enemies," she repeated.

"Tommy?" Ada shouted, walking in. "Ada?"

"There's someone outside, a priest"

"Esme's waters broke, i was just with her running around fucking broke her waters" John stepped in. "Where's finn?" Tom asked.

"Out with the youngers looking for the Riley" Arthur swigged his whiskey. "We can't reach him"

"I need to know who spoke" Tommy breathed. "The enemies know everything. Everything"

"I need to know who spoke about the business outside the family"

-

"This morning i was out with Tommy on the road" Micheal spoke. "I killed a man"

Arthur looked at him.

"He needed cover i was all he had."

"What did he give you" Arthur asks. Micheal pulled the gun. "Said it was good for close range"

"Your better with my gun" Arthur told him. "No, no this is mine now" Micheal nodded. "Feels part of me hand"

"Where'd you hit him?" John asked. "I hit him in the side of the head"

"How was you when he went down"

"Tommy said i did alright,"

"Surprised Rosalie is still on your arm if you're out killing people," John joked.

"She doesn't know.."

John stepped closer, clearing his throat. "This is where we think Charles is being held" he passed him a piece of paper.

Micheal unfolded it.

"They're not expecting nobody, so you should be alone" Arthur nodded. "There's two good men there. You do what they say"

"But i fire the bullet, all right?" Micheal told him.

"When you're sure the kids are safe, you call Finn."

-

Father Hughes opened the locked door, looking at the child. "Hello there" he whispered. "Here you go, how's that?"

He placed food down in front of him.

"You like a spoon? A shiny spoon?" he spoke to Charles

Micheal sat in the car, gun in hand. "You wait here" he told one of the men. "I'll do the killing, that's a fucking order"

He carefully walked into the room, gun lowered. If he wasn't careful, it could cost the life of a child.

He breathed heavily, hearing noises coming from what sounded like Charles.

Father hughes stepped out the room and Micheal pointed the gun, cocking it. "What do you think your doing, boy?" he asked. Micheal pushed the barrel to Hughes eye.

"Please don't. Please don't shoot"

Father hughes suddenly hit Micheal's wrist causing a Michael to pull a knife, pushing it into his face. A scream erupted from Hughes mouth

Two men from earlier came in. "I'll take him" he said, pointing the gun. "No" Micheal stopped him. "This bastards mine"

"Go call Finn"

He pushed the knife into his neck, watching the blood pour out. Hughes face turned pale and his breathing stopped.

Micheal sat against the wall, watching as Charles peaked his head round the corner, smiling at him innocently.

-

Ada and Polly rushed from where they sat as Micheal walked in, Charles in his arms. Ada took the boy from him and Polly lifted her hand to Michael's face.

Micheal stared at the wall, half a smile on his face.

Rosalie tilted her head back slightly, her heart dropping. Polly moved away and Micheal slowly walked to the other room, one hand in his picked.

Rosa followed him.

"What happened, Micheal?"

His breath was shaky. "I killed him, i killed that..fucking bastard"

Her mouth parted and she placed a hand on his cheek, lifting his face up. He stared into her eyes, swallowing hard.

"Im sorry" he said, zero emotion in his face. It slightly scared her because it looked as if he wasnt there.

"Its okay," she reassured him.