019

MICHEAL SAT IN THE LARGE ROOM OF HIS MOTHERS HOUSE, staring at the fireplace. Polly stood at the door, thinking of words to say. "Micheal," she said, making herself known.

He looked over at her.

"Lady Rosalie, talk to me about her." Polly said, sitting beside him. "What do you want to know?" He asked, avoiding her gaze.

"What is going on with the girl?"

"I dont know, mum," he blinked. Polly scoffed. "So, you have her on your arm at parties and events, you meet up with her alone, you practically cannot go a day without speaking to her and you dont know what is going on? Dont be ridiculous."

"I think..no, i do" Micheal paused. "I do love her and i have for the past five months. The second i saw her at Tom's wedding..i don't know, i just couldn't stop thinking about her."

Polly pursed her lips into a line, surprised at his sincere words.

-

Rosalie sat in front of the mirror whilst Diana ran a hairbrush through her dark hair. Once she was finished, Rosa stood, glancing in the larger mirror and fixing her night dress. Diana stared at her with wide eyes. "What is it?" Rosalie asked, looking at her through the mirror.

Diana swallowed hard. "If you do not mind me asking, my lady, when did you last have your..cycle?" she asked. Rosale gasped. "Diana!" she scolded.

"Forgive me, my lady."

"Diana, what are you suggesting?"

"May I?" Diana stepped forward and Rosalie nodded, frowning as Diana carefully felt her breasts. She took a step back, looking at Rosalie side on.

Diana quickly walked to the door.

"Diana, where are you going?" Rosalie asked in a panic.

"To retrieve the doctor."

"No- Diana, why do we need the doctor?" Rosa dropped her hands to her side. "We need to be sure," Diana said, her voice growing quieter as she walked across the house.

Rosalie sat patiently on her bed, thoughts rushing through her head as time seemed to move slow. Eventually, Diana returned with the doctor.

"Stand," he ordered.

She bit her tongue, standing and letting him look at her.

-

The doctor turned away, packing away his tools and placing his glasses back on his face. "So am i or not?" Rosalie let out a frustrated breath.

"You are, Lady Williams."

Her face dropped, her heart sining. "But..but i can get rid if need be?" she asked. He shook his head, "im afraid not, you are too far gone."

"How far?"

"At least three months, if not more"

"That is impossible, ive recieved no signs-"

Diana looked at her with sorry eyes, unsure if she was to speak or say nothing.

The doctor left the room without saying another word. Rosalie sat again, covering her mouth. "Diana, i am unmarried, this will ruin me. I will be seen as a whore, i will be seen as damaged." she whispered, gripping the bedsheets.

"Then who have no choice but to marry the boy," Diana said, "he is the father..correct?"

"Yes, Diana! He is the father!" Rosalie raised her voice. "I need a car to Birmingham right this second." She demanded, walking over to her wardrobe and pulling out a black dress with gold details.

Diana nodded, rushing to retrieve a driver.

-

Rosalie pulled her hands into a fist, carefully walking up the stairs inside the Shelby office building. A mixture of anxiety and relief filled her when Micheal's office. She jumped when the door directly opposite her slammed. "Rosalie?" Tommy questioned, standing before her. "Mr Shelby" She said quietly, lowering her head.

"What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to Micheal."

He licked his bottom lip, nodding and walking past her.

She took a deep breath before she nodded on the door. "Come in," Micheal sighed, his head lifting as she entered the room. "Rosalie?" he asked, standing. "Whats up?"

"Micheal i have something to tell you," Rosa said quickly. He stood straight, waiting for her to talk. "Micheal, i am with child.." she whispered.

His lips parted.

"And im scared, Micheal..im really scared. And i understand if you do not want to take part in this child's life but before you even suggest it, I have to keep this child, i have no there choice-" Rosalie rambled in a panic and Micheal was unsure what to do so he pulled her into an embrace, leaning his chin on her head.

Micheal too was scared.

"Micheal this will ruin me and the name of my family, all because i am unmarried."

"Then i will marry you." He blurted out. "Rosalie, we can be married and we can raise that child." He said, holding her face.

Relief filled her.

"I can speak to my cousins, we can get married."

Rosa sighed, closing her eyes and placing her hands over his.

-

Micheal waltzed into the Garrison alone, opening the door to the snug and sitting down. "Get me a whiskey." he muttered.

Arthur and John looked at each other, confused. "Oi, Billy, get him a whiskey" he shouted through the small window. "What's up with you?" John asked, smoking a cigar.

Micheal bit his bottom lip. "Rosalie is having a baby."

Arthur cheered, patting Micheal on the back. "Well, that's good ain't it?" John frowned. "Yeah..yeah it's good."

"Then why's your face like that." John teased him.

"She's scared, i'm scared. Her father will probably try and kill me. We need to arrange a wedding, for her benefit."

"Well that'll be no problem, will it, Micheal."

"No, it will. Her father will probably do all he can to stop it happening."

"Right then," Arthur stood. "You two sit here, do..play some poker or some shit and i'll call Thomas. He'll sort it out"

Micheal ran a hand over his mouth, blinking a few times.

"They get worse when they're pregnant" John said, placing down an empty glass. "Well worse"