029

MULTIPLE PEAKY BLINDERS GATHERED AROUND THE TABLE, "All right" Tommy spoke as the boys gathered around the table. "At midday today, Arthur will be here. 47 Artillery Square. Like a goat, tied up for the fucking tiger, eh, Arthur?"

"Yeah, right"

-

The dark haired woman sat in her apartment, food out in front of her. She glanced at the cross on the wall. "Dear Lord, forgive me, but vengeance is forthcoming. And long overdue" She whispered.

-

Tommy cracked open the wooden crate, revealing guns.

"Right, there are two ways into Artillery Square," he began, "One here at the towpath" he pointed at the map, "and here, Navigation Street. Finn take a rifle"

The boy cautiously took the gun.

"You'll be here, Finn, covering the towpath. Most likely they will come down Navigation Street. Johnny and Isaiah will set up here as hawkers selling salted pork"

"When you get this signal from me, they can open fire"

"From you, eh?" Arthur asked. "Yep, i'll be here in the window overlooking" Tom pointed.

"You still know what end the bullets come out of, Tom?" Johnny joked, causing them all to laugh. "He knows" Arthur nodded.

"These men are coming for my brother" Tommy held the cigarette. "We're leaving him to be unarmed and unprotected. So this is my fucking business. Arthur let's go"

"Look alive soldier" Arthur said to Finn.

They all walked off, being aware of their surrounding.

The woman stood at the table anxiously, turning her head when a girl walked in. "Just put them on the table" she nodded.

Arthur walked along toward the door and knocked on it, it soon opened, revealing the woman. "Mr Shelby" she greeted. "I'm glad you could come"

"Yeah, well, thank you for the invitation"

"I don't allow firearms in the house" She said, her voice shaky. "It's a good think i'm not carrying a fire arm then ain't it, Mrs Ross"

"Do you mind if i check?"

He nodded, stepping inside with his arms up. The woman pulled back his jacket and stepped back. "Come in"

He did so and she closed the door. "Take a seat, would you like some tea while we wait, Mr Shelby?"

"What are we waiting for?"

"The other guests" she whispered, grabbing the teapot.

Tommy stood at the window, watching Isaiah and Johnny shout about selling meat. He whistled as a car approached and the two boys grabbed their pistols from under the cloth, cocking them and keeping them out of site.

Men stepped out of the car, their heads down. Tommy raised his hand, to stop the pair doing anything.

Finn stood behind the wall, watching as a man walked up the path.

Arthur looked around, "So where are these other guests?" he asked. "They will be here very soon" she assured him. "But in the meantime there are some things i want to say" she stated.

"Before they get here."

"By all means" Arthur nodded.