023

December 1st 1924

ROSALIE WALKED THROUGH HER NEW HOUSE, the house that she bought after she ran from the Changretta wedding, the house to get away from her family. After the wedding, Luca returned to America.

She winced in as she felt a sharp pain in her stomach.

"Diana," she shouted, holding onto the wall. "Yes?" Diana appeared. "Diana, get the doctor," she breathed heavily. Diana's eyes widened and she rushed through the house to call the family doctor.

Another maid appeared at her side, holding her arm and helping her to the bedroom.

"Is the baby coming?" The woman asked. Rosalie nodded, biting her tongue as another sharp pain shot through her. The maid gently helped her onto the bed and Diana entered with a cold cloth, pressing it to Rosa's forehead.

The doctor eventually turned up and they began helping Rosalie.

"I need you to push, my lady," He urged. Rosalie gripped onto the bedsheets, screaming in pain and letting out breaths. "One more,"

Another loud scream left her mouth before the room filled with baby cried. "You did it" Diana whispered, pushing Rosalie's hair out of her face.

"It's a girl," The doctor said as a maid picked up the small child and wrapped her in a towel.

Rosalie let out a weak laugh, taking the girl from her arms.

"Hello," she whispered, smiling down tiredly.

"What are you naming her?" Diana said, dismissing the other maids. "Elizabeth, Elizabeth Gray."

Despite the happiness that the small girl brought Rosalie, she couldn't help but feel sad about Michael's absence.

-

December 22nd 1924

Coppers dragged Michael, John and Arthur from their cells. John resisted, putting up a fight.

"I'm John Shelby" he laughed, moving along. Michaels eyes landed on Arthur through the door. "Micheal" He shouted. "Arthur"

"John" Arthur shouted.

Polly was dragged through to the cellar, she stares at the rope, panic filling her.

All three of the boys froze when they saw the ropes in front of them. Micheal struggled to move as they dragged him.

John swallowed hard as they tightened the rope around his neck.

Michaels breath increased, his mind shifting to Rosalie.

"In the bleak midwinter" Arthur whispered. The priest whispered prayers. John kept his eyes closed, trying to remain calm.

The man held the lever that would drop the floor beneath them, turning as another man screamed "Wait"

-

Rosalie glanced out the window at the Bentley that pulled up. She frowned. "Diana, who is here?" she asked, gently rocking Elizabeth in her arms.

"I shall check," Diana nodded, walking down the stairs. A gasp left the woman's mouth as Micheal Gray stood at the bottom of the stairs, cautious of who may appear.