010

ROSALIE OPENED HER EYES, sitting up straight. She winced at the sunlight that beamed through the gap in the curtains. Rosa pulled herself out of bed, opening the curtains and glancing out at the field where the horses sat.

The door slowly opened, Diana peeking her head around. She opened it fully when she saw that Rosalie was awake. "Happy birthday, my lady,"

"Thank you, Diana" Rosalie sighed, biting her tongue.

"Diana do you have the time?"

"It's just turned twelve in the afternoon," Diana spoke, making Rosalie's bed. "What is bothering you, my lady?"

"What ever do you mean?"

"Something is on your mind, i can tell." Diana stood straight.

"How can you tell?" Rosalie asked.

"Rosalie, i have been your personal maid ever since you were born. It's fairly obvious to me when something is bothering you,"

"Oh..well..it's just, i was thinking about what you said last night. About me and Micheal. And you were right, he is different. He makes me feel different, i actually want to talk to him, i want him to give me attention. Whereas with all the other boys, their attention means nothing. Oh, Diana this is all so confusing," she groaned, holding her head.

Diana smiled slightly. "You shouldn't worry because when the time is right, your body will do all the work, it will have a mind of its own. Your mouth will do the talking it needs to do."

"It just feels so..strange."

"My lady, you have so much more to learn" Diana shook her head, laughing. "This is only the beginning."

-

"Tonight, you will be classified as the host, as it is an event for you. So, you are not to disappear. You are to talk with as many guests as possible, understand?" James said, watching as butlers walked throughout the house, carrying bottles of alcohol.

"How many guests are coming?"

"More than we had last time," was all he said. Her heart dropped slightly. "Father, you will help me, right? Half the people who come are here to talk business with you." She pleaded.

"You have to learn, you need to learn how to deal with these things alone."

Her lips parted and she tried to speak but was unable to think of what to say.

"Rosalie, this is your twentieth birthday, it is already slightly frowned upon that you are unmarried. That's another thing i want you to begin thinking about." he said. "You are also not to whore around-"

"Father," she scolded. "How dare you-"

"I'm just saying, Rosa. If you were to act like some woman from a brothel, it would ruin the family name. And we cannot have that."

The weight on Rosalie's shoulders seem to grow heavier as he continued listing the things she needed to do.

"I need to begin getting ready," she walked away without a word, not wanting to hear him talk anymore. "Move," she hissed at two butlers who stood having a conversation.

They cleared their throats, stepping aside.

"Get to work," she ordered them.

Rosalie stormed into her room, her breath increasing rapidly. She began muttering words to herself. "Do this Rosa, do that Rosa. Fucking Rosa,Rosa,Rosa" she whispered, pinching the bridge of her nose.

James had stressed her out.

Rosalie grabbed the dress that had been made for the event and stepped into it, swallowing hard and growing agitated. She pulled uncomfortably at the fabric, letting out a frustrated breath.

Diana walked in.

Rosa dropped to her knees, huffing, the skirt of the dress surrounding her like a puddle of water.

"Is everything okay?"

"This..fucking dress- it's.." She groaned, holding her face, feeling defeated as her emotions got the better of her.

"Rosalie," Diana began, placing her hands out for the girl to grab. "Take a breath, you're okay. You're overwhelmed"

She nodded, accepting her help and standing up.

Diana began buttoning up the back of the dress. "Tonight is your birthday, enjoy it. You won't stay young forever," she joked, trying to lighten the mood.

Rosalie smiled slightly, blinking.

"He's just always pecking at me to do all these things and it's just so hard to keep track,"

"Your father?"

"Yes. It's always, Rosa don't forget to do this, Rosa you have to do that. And i'm sick of it. I understand i have responsibilities but he's handing off al of his onto me and it's tiring."

-

Rosalie took a deep breath, moving onto her next group of people to entertain. "Lady Rosalie," a man said, taking her hand and placing a kiss on her knuckles. "Mr Jones," she greeted, dropping her hand.

"This is my son, Matthew." He introduced. Rosa nodded at him slightly. "And he was wondering if he could dance with you later tonight?"

She raised her eyebrows. "I don't see why not," she shrugged, looking at the dark haired boy.

She didn't want to dance with him. She didn't want to dance with any boy there. Not one. Because the boy who she wanted, was yet to turn up.

Eventually she found her father. "Have the Shelby's turned up yet?" Rosalie placed a hand on his arm. He looked at her, "i don't believe so"

Rosalie closed her eyes, sighing.