008

TOMMY WALKED BACK TOWARD THE HOUSE, "He's back" Ada said, peeking through the curtain. "He's been out there all night" Micheal said.

"Every night since the funeral" Ada added. "Comes back in the morning to see Charles and feed the horses and when it gets dark he goes off again"

"How's Karl" she looked back Ada. "He's asks for his mum at night." she stepped toward the table. "Tommy made a list he wants to see you two first"

"What about John, Arthur?"

The door slammed and Tommy stormed through without saying anything.

-

"How are the books" Tom asked, looking at a piece of paper. "Unaffected" Pol said. "Up slightly" Micheal nodded.

"There's also been a threefold increase in donations to the Shelby Foundation charity" Micheal said. "The councillor suggested naming the new school The Grace Shelby Institute"

Tommy put out his cigarette. "Tell the council the name Grace Shelby Institute is acceptable to us"

Micheal and Polly shared a glance.

"This is a list on the other things i want doing" He handed Polly a piece of paper. "That's all"

Micheal cleared his thought and stood.

"Tommy" Pol said. "That's all, Pol"

She shook her head and left the room.

John and Arthur looked at Polly. "Right, let's go" Arthur groaned, getting up from the chair. "We've already seen him" Polly told them.

Arthur looked at Ada. "He wanted to see people in a particular order" she said.

"I can normally ready him but he's difficult to read, so be careful" Pol nodded.

John kept his eyes on Arthur.

"I thought it was a fucking family meeting" he said. "All of us together, i thought"

"John, he's grieving" Polly placed a hand on John's shoulder. "To see everyone together would be too much"

"Yeah, well, come on John"

"There he is" Arthur said hesitantly, walking inside. "Hi, Tom"

"Hello, Boys"

"We didn't get a chance to see you after the funeral" Arthur said, "well you disappeared on us, but, well, me and John, just wanna say that-"

"Arthur shut up" Tom cut him off.

"All right"

"Talk to me" Tommy said, moving away from the desk. "We got to Angel at the hospital where he laid and cut his throat" Arthur said quietly. "He's dead"

"Cleared out the rest of the Italians out the south of the city."

"They mostly went to the Black Country but we told Betty Kitchens to keep her moving" John interrupted.

"And Betty sends her condolences"

"What about the old man?" Tommy asked. "We interrogated his boys"