Preface

There is no adventure without risks.

What happens when taking a risk becomes an adventure, but the adventure is just an idea of a long journey that may not meet our expectations?

What do we do when this idea collapses, and our unimaginable becomes a dramatic reality that we find ourselves having to face against our will? Instead of seeking experience and wisdom, we emerge even more somber, fatalistic, and the very idea of trying to force an end gradually becomes a solution?

Yet, that is the very principle of experience. We don't create it, we undergo it.

From the moment we constantly undergo it, and the rhythm of our breath becomes jagged as we wander without purpose or reason in this corridor with no visible end, redemption also becomes a chimera. A sweet and delightful utopia that our mind loses sight of.

As hopes diminish and we lose faith in everything that is and should be, we let ourselves fall. We grant ourselves a moment of pause, and then we eventually rise again. We continue, letting our dwindling hope, which has quickly turned into despair, guide us, gradually persuading us that at every encountered difficulty, there will be no way out. Only compromises. The very concept of an exit is what distinguishes between a nightmare and an adventure, as one of them supposedly has an end.

So, when this end no longer exists, and all we see is the continuity and suffering of the journey, we gently close our eyes. We try to envision things differently, to find the solution through our minds.

We search but end up ignoring. We accept, but eventually reject, refusing to consider any other exit than the one we have idealized. An exit where happiness awaits us on the other side, with open arms.

Everything has an end. When good things come to an end, we cry with sadness. When bad things come to an end, we cry with joy. That's what we have been taught, and it often holds.

Because at the moment we feel we have escaped our hardships and torments, and we catch a glimpse of light through that inaccessible window, all we see beyond it is a large shadow.

A shadow that grows as we contemplate it as if it wants to make us understand that we have lost the very meaning of the journey we embarked upon.

Is it wrong to refuse to end our adventure? To accept staying in this corridor?

To refuse to look enviously through that luminous window, or worse, to consciously ignore its presumed beauty and continue moving forward despite everything, without hope or expectations?

Contemplate the nightmare in front of you and let it love you. And perhaps, in the love and fascination it has for you and your perseverance, it will leave you with a star at the end of the path.