Chapter 13

AN: Sorry for not posting as often as I should, I'm really busy because of my midterms hehe~

Good luck to the ones that are in the same situation as me!

------------------------------

"Lucy, wait a sec." Leon said as I turned around slowly, my brows furrowed while I observed Leon with a questioning look.

To my surprise, a strangely soothing smile played on his lips, and I couldn't hide my envious gaze. As he took my hand, leading me back into the room I had just left, the door closed behind us in an oddly serene silence.

Feeling my breath hitch, I tried to rearrange my hair repeatedly, my eyelashes fluttering like the wings of a butterfly persistently trying to take flight under the stress.

When our eyes met, I felt the emotions from moments ago intensify, realizing I was already losing my composure despite his unusual silence.

I quickly covered the lower part of my face with my hand, dismayed by my own behavior.

"Oh well..." I heard Leon comment, in a hushed tone, as I turned to face him, maintaining the same troubled expression. He eventually let out a light laugh, seemingly amused by my predicament as I bit my lip.

"Leon, what's going on?" I asked, both gently and curiously, as he started to approach, casually rolling up the sleeves of his shirt. And as only half a meter separated us, I met his gaze, the tension enchanting me into silence.

Guilty of wanting him to come even closer, I slid a strand of hair behind my ear, slightly frustrated by this charming yet silent situation.

"Your entire face is red." he commented softly as I averted my gaze while hiding a part of my face, slightly embarrassed.

It was at the moment when I felt his hand, his intoxicating warmth, delicately grabbing mine to remove it from my face that my breath caught.

Clearing my throat, I preferred avoiding his gaze, which already knew too much.

"I'm just not used to a man approaching me like this... That's all." I justified myself as he raised an eyebrow, evidently less fooled than I had thought.

"Oh, really?" He inquired, in a lighter tone. And as he took a step back to better contemplate me, I refrained from intercepting, far too proud to succumb to a simple impulse. I continued to pout, slightly annoyed.

If only it were a dream, I would grab this vicious man by the collar, and...

"Yet, I've never seen you like this with the other guy...Even when he hugged you...?" He asked, with a falsely innocent air, while my eyelashes fluttered repeatedly, bewildered.

"Wait, you're talking about Will, right? He's my friend; I don't see why I—" I began to justify as he crossed his arms and smiled, strangely satisfied.

When I realized that I had just given him the upper hand, and even more than that, that I had, in my overly nuanced explanations, implied to Leon that he might be the only one capable of putting me in such a state, the cards were already in the devil's hands.

I was done.

"Drop it." I tried to divert the conversation as he smiled even more as if waiting for the opportune moment to intervene.

But as I headed for the door to make a smooth exit, he grabbed my arm and quickly pinned me against the wall.

I nervously laughed, almost irritated that he could lead me by the nose so easily.

"You really think you're getting away with this?" He murmured, his voice both soft and provocative, sending an electric shock through every fiber of my body as I tilted my head, seductively smiling at him.