Chapter 11

As I continued to unbutton my shirt, he quickly stood up and grabbed my hands, preventing me from continuing that any further.

I turned my gaze away briefly and found myself smiling, somewhat amused by his pure but genuine reaction.

While I felt him buttoning up my shirt again I gave him a defiant look, which he ignored as his hands delicately slid over the fabric of my shirt, paying a weird but subtle consideration to it.

In the moment when our bodies were oddly close after I failed my attempt to free myself from his grasp, I shivered a little as I felt his breath reach the hollow of my neck.

He reeks of alcohol...

This situation, which initially had the power to amuse me, made me change my mind when I realized that I was potentially considering "having fun" with someone who was probably drunk.

This was extremely wrong.

"Don't take me for a beast or I might take you up on it." was his only remark as he immediately released my shirt, stepping back a few paces as I covered the lower half of my face with my hand, filled with shame.

Here I was, realizing I had just been delusional.

Like, I mean...

How could I never consider the fact that he wasn't sober when he came in? Was this a result of me idealizing him so much that I couldn't see the most obvious point?

As he began to leave, seemingly searching for the object I had taken from him a few minutes earlier, he knelt for a moment, letting out a long, silent sigh upon finding his confiscated object in the trash.

This is so wrong.

Seeing him slightly hesitate in his movements as he stood up, I ended up sighing as well.

"What if..." I began to murmur as he stopped in his tracks, not turning around.

I swallowed my saliva, knowing I would regret what I was about to offer.

"What if we make a deal? I tell you what you want, and in exchange, um..." I started to suggest, biting my lip slightly afterward.

I watched him turn towards me and, as I felt his gaze scan me from head to toe, I strangely became even more nervous than I would have thought I would be.

It would be lying to myself to pretend that he only inspired indifference in me, but I was far from being in a position to accept these kinds of thoughts after all these years.

"You didn't finish your sentence." he eventually noticed as I quickly shook my head, snapping out of my thoughts as I looked him straight in the eyes.

Despite his animosity towards me, I managed to maintain eye contact.

"In exchange, you stop drinking."

He froze at my request, and as he seemed to choose his words for a moment, I crossed my arms.

"Are you taking me for a kid?" he eventually commented back as I rolled my eyes, not amused by his remark that was meant to be slightly ironic.

It was his supposed nonchalance that was starting to get on my nerves.

"No, but I don't see how I could have a conversation with a person that only shows up when drunk."

He shrugged, slightly amused.

"Lucy, can't you just admit that-"

"No, I admit to nothing until you're sober!" I denied outright, shaking my head furiously as I felt the heat rise to my cheeks.