Retrospect

This is not a poem but a personal message. It was just one those weeks and I was in need to unwind. To those who spend their time to read this and this book, thank you.

I know I might sound like a broken record throughout most of this but I felt that it was necessary.

Sometimes you have to take control of your mental state. Don't let someone rain on your parade and don't let anyone's thoughts keep you from sleeping at night. To some extent, it really doesn't matter what people "know" or what they think they know. If people are destined to see you fall apart, don't let them have that satisfaction. Crack a smile, it will avert the hurtful eye.

Don't give up on yourself for not reaching the standard. Failure only gives you an opportunity to improve. When you're at rock bottom, the only way you can go is up. However, if you're at the top, the bottom is bound to catch up with you.

Most importantly, don't be afraid to cut off people from your life that makes the journey harder. It's better to be alone than to be in bad company. Remember that there are people who genuinely want the best for you. Even if you haven't necessarily met them, they're out there somewhere.

When you feel as though you've lost your sense on purpose, feel free to do something different. You just haven't found the thing that gives you that purpose and there's nothing wrong with that.

There's nothing wrong with feeling discombobulated, hurt, hated, angry or out of place. Though you hold the key to unlocking that to turn it into positivity.

I'm not the most "together" person but I know when I've had enough.
I know when it's time to make a change to make myself happy. I know when to focus on my well-being and no one else's. I must admit that I might not always be in this mentality. But sometimes that's the best thing to do.