Chapter 12: Deril and Mom

"There's the hut," I whispered, after shifting, "Now where did you see my mom and Deril?" I looked at Oliver.

"In a field behind the hut..." Oliver responded. I told him about Bella and I think he was thinking about her...

"I'll go alone, keep an eye out," I ordered, giving Oliver a sympathetic look.

"No way, I'm not letting you go alone," Jack grabbed my wrist as I started to walk away, "Last time you were lucky I was the reason you were in that hut," He nodded his head towards it, "If anyone is going it's- duck," Jack whispered the last part and pulled me down.

"What is goi-"I turned to the hut and saw Deril walk towards it, "Why does he keep coming back here? We know about it."

"It might be a trap," Oliver whispered.

"True, we need to be careful," Jack responded.

"There's my mom!" I pointed toward her as she walked from around the hut, eyes wide open. A man was holding her hands, she was being held captive.

"Now what is he doing?" Jack started moving closer to the hut, staying in the shrubs.

"Jack get over here," I started following him, Oliver stayed behind, and as I got closer to Deril I could hear him talking.

"This is the last bit of menticide, we better get this over with soon," Deril said to the man who was holding my mom.

"They do have menticide!" I whispered.

"Now open up!" Deril chuckled, taking the last bit of menticide and holding it up to my mom's face, she shook her head.

"I won't let them do this!" I stated, walking out of the shrubs, "Hey! What do you think you're doing!" I marched toward them.

Deril sighed, "Get her," he ordered as the man holding my mom pushed her to the ground and started running toward me.

I grabbed the man's neck when he tried to tackle me and threw him to the ground, "Nice try," I chuckled as I stopped walking, "but your buddy, here, is weak," I walked towards my mom.

"I wouldn't recommend taking another step," Deril warned.

"You hurt her and you're dead," Jack walked out and seemed to be ready to kill his father.

"Son! There you are, I see you have followed through?" Deril asked.

"No, I have not, and never will," Jack was next to me now still walking towards Deril, "And if you put even a finger on my mate or her mother, I will not hesitate to kill you," Jack was face to face with his dad now.

"Grab the menticide," I mouthed to my mom, she nodded and tried to reach for it.

"Why, you want this?" Deril asked, lifting up the menticide, away from my mom's reach, "Because you'll never get it, he dropped it down by his side. My mom took her chance and grabbed it from Deril's hand, "Hey!" Deril kicked my mom but she had the menticide still in her hand.

"I warned you!" Jack yelled, taking Deril to the ground, "Ellex go!"

"Mom come on!" I screamed, running towards her, she handed me the menticide and she slowly got up as Jack and Deril fought behind us.

"Get up boy!" Deril yelled to the man, still on the ground.

"Mom we need to go now," I cried as she stood up and started walking.

"Shift," She said and I listened, shifting as she walked towards me, she climbed on my back and held on, then, I ran.

~~~~~

"What are you going to do about Jack?" My mom asked, sitting down.

"He'll be fine," I responded, "I hope.." I added in a whisper.

"He's a brave boy," My mom smiled, "I'm proud of you."

"Thanks, Mom, I needed that," I smiled back, "Especially becoming Alpha for real now..."

"What? Why?" My mom questioned.

"Y-you didn't hear?" A tear fell down my face.

"H-hear what sweet?" Her eyes were tearing up.

"Dad... is dead," I choked, "W-we thought you would know..."

"I was hoping I didn't hurt him," she cried.

"W-what?" I asked, looking at her, fear filling me.

"D-deril, he used the antidote while I was attacking your father," tears were flowing from her eyes like waterfalls, "I was hoping I didn't kill him, I was praying he was alive, how could I, why would someone make another person do this!?"

"H-he knew Dad wouldn't fight back," A tear fell from my face, "Y-you killed Dad?"

"I DIDN'T WANT TO! YOU THINK I WANTED THIS!?" My mom snapped, standing up and slamming her hands on the table, I flinched.

"I DON'T!" I snapped out of my state of fear and stood up with her, "I DON'T THINK YOU WANTED THIS, I DON'T THINK I CAN HANDLE THIS, AND I DON'T THINK THAT YOU SHOULD BE ANYWHERE NEAR ME IF YOU ARE GOING TO YELL AT YOUR ALPHA!!" I started crying, "You should leave," I mumbled, my mom was shocked.

"You're not Alpha yet," My mom responded as she walked out of the house.

"I heard screaming what happened?" Oliver ran towards me, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Oliver," I responded, "I need you to find Deril and Jack. Don't do anything until you take me there with you, I'll take care of everything," I ordered, walking down towards my room.

"Yes Alpha," Oliver said as he ran back out going towards the hut.

~~~~~~

I woke up, crying.

"I see you're awake..." Jack whispered, playing with my hair, "may I ask why you were crying?"

"Jack?" I asked.

"I'm real, I'm not dead," Jack chuckled, "Now why were you crying?"

"I- I had a fight with my mom. I found out Deril forced her to kill Dad..." I responded, looking at him, still playing with my hair, but now rubbing his other hand back and forth on my back.

"I heard, how bad?" He asked.

"I told her to get out of the house and listen to her Alpha..." I looked down.

"So really bad..." Jack pulled my head, forcing me to look at him, "How about we both go talk to her?"

"Okay, but first, are you okay?" I asked.

"My dad isn't as strong as he seems, and now with becoming Luna, I've got stronger," Jack chuckled, "So don't worry about me, worry about your mom right now okay?"

"Okay..." I responded, sitting up and taking a deep breath.

The Female AlphaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara