The Aftermath

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️

Swearing

Ruvyzvat POV

Sarv has been locking herself inside of her room for several hours now. I don't know what she is doing in there, but I decide to checkup on her.

"Sarv. It's me Ruv." I say through the cracks in the door.

"Please... just go away." She says quietly. Almost a whisper.

"Sarv. It wasn't your fault. It was mine I didn't arrive soon enough. I should've been there to protect you." I say bitterly

"Ruv, there is nothing we can do now. We'll have to leave this place." She says on the brink of tears.

"It will be fine. We have each other, dont we?" I try to sound convincing but I know how much this church means for her.

Sarv opens the door slightly.

"Do you mean that, Ruv?" She's crying now.

Shit

Did I say something wrong?

"Which part?" I ask. Tilting my head.

Sarv giggles.

"You silly man." She said before hugging me and sobbing into my shirt.

I hug her back and pat her. She cries for a few more minutes. It breaks me to see her like this. I will not leave her side ever again.

Sarvente POV:

I cry until there's no more tears left for me to shed I try to regain my composure but I can't.

My legs give up on me and I collapse into Ruv's arms.

He catches me and sweeps me up bridal style carrying me into my room and tucking me in.

He doesn't go back to his room. Instead, he sits on the other side of the bed and holds my hand.

Until I hear loud protests outside, as well as loud banging. Ruv gets up and goes to deal with it.

I cry myself to sleep.

And I dream of the worst.