Through the Portal

Ruvyzvat POV

I stand there stunned in silence. I don't know how long it's been but by the time I realize how longs it's been, Sarv has already called me for dinner.

I sit down and try to listen to what she was saying. Something about our trip. I couldn't really focus. I finish the meal, and go to wash it.

As quickly as I can I get out of the kitchen and flip onto my bed. I bury my face into a pillow and sigh.

This is the worst.

I definitely know now.

...

I might have feelings for her.

Sarvente POV

It's been five days since setting up the portal. I drag our suitcases to the portal and start preparing the items needed.

Ruv had been awfully quiet for the past few days and has been avoiding me. This was probably the first time in a few days since we've been in the same room.

I felt a little... sad.

Did I do something wrong?

I don't realise the portal is ready until the last item leaves my hand. I sit down and I gesture for ruv to do the same. Day turns to night and I'm ready to open it.

"Qpsubm pqfo" i chant exactly three times. The magic circle starts to outline itself in glowing neon pink. The room glows dark. A bright white spot engulfs the circle. And soon it shows the opening of a crowded street.

I open one eye and nod at Ruv. I nod and get up. Using both my hands to grab as many bags as I can and I step through.