Attempted Murder

Ruvyzvat POV

I stay up all night next to Sarv. I'm extremely tired, but I have to protect her. I can't make the same mistake as last time.

I notice Sarv rolling to the other side of the bed. I grab her by the waist and pull her back.

I realize how cute she looks, peacefully sleeping and I blush, and turn away.

And before I know it a gold trickle of sunlight pierces the window.

Sarvente POV

I wake up, the sun in my eyes. I notice someone- something on my bed. I turn to see ruv looking up at the ceiling.

I blush, and poke ruv.

He turns around to look at me.

"Oh, you're awake." He says, promptly getting up and brushing himself off. I smile and get up.

"I can... make breakfast?" Ruv says unconvinced with himself.

I giggle.

"Ruv, you can't even crack an egg. I turns to powder, you know that. I'll go make the breakfast, you go sleep." He looks like he wants to fight, but he just goes to his room.

I get up. I hesitate between changing, but I don't think running the church will matter anymore. But there are some regulars i need to help, so I pick up my nun costume and dress up.

I get up and make a simple breakfast for Ruv, which I deliver to his room before running off to the church.

Some elders are already there. They don't seem too bothered to have a demon teach them the Bible. But I'm glad. I smile to myself before starting mass.

I finish and help the last elder out the door. I'm about to start cleaning up, but I feel someone watching me.

I stop dead in my tracks. And pause listening.

Suddenly I hear a gunshot as it hits me in the head. I'm not fazed, as the bullet shatters against my skin I look around and see someone on the roof. Holding the weapon of choice.

I look at him dead in his eyes and in the coldest tone I can muster i tell him to get out. He quickly disappears.

After using magic to search the area, and ensuring that no one is around before going to the secret area of the church.

As I enter the secret area I bump into ruv who towered over me and looked furious.

"WHY DID YOU GO OUT IN PUBLIC?" He says in his unusually loud voice. It scared me and I cower to a smaller size.

He sighs and rubs his temples.

"I heard the gunshot, I'm not deaf you know?" He says back in his normal voice. Which is still loud, but... you know.

He squats down to my height and brushes my hair away. Don't do that again. He says before just walking away, leaving me blushing in the hallway.