chapter fifteen, human fire hazards

quick authors note, look at this amazing aesthetic made by my bestie knv931

Felix was extremely hungover for the parade later that night but still, Haymitch was even in worse condition. Effie had walked in on them dancing and blubbering like old pirates. She had ordered them both to bed, only waking Felix up so he could meet up with Katniss and Peeta. He took aspirin to reduce the mind-blowing headache he currently had to deal with. It seemed that sobriety was close to impossible this year, and that Felix would be condemned to have headaches for the rest of the pre-game time.

He came down to see Katniss and Peeta in identical unitards, a cape made of streams of orange and red with a headpiece that complimented it.

"Wow, great job guys," he complimented Portia and the new stylist that Haymitch called Winna, but as Haymitch was drunk when he said it, Felix wouldn't want to call the man that in case it not actually being his name, "I don't think we've met yet, you are...?"

"Cinna," the man nodded, shaking Felix's hand calmly, "And I don't have to ask for your name, Felix Lockwood, you're quite the household name in the Capitol..."

Felix pursed his lips, "Aren't most victors?"

Cinna didn't respond with words, just a simple nod. Although most of Panem just thought Felix slept around, a small — a very small — group knew the truth. Felix listened in as Cinna mentioned fire to the tributes.

"Katniss, the girl who was on fire," he dreamily said, making Felix's eyes widen and he added,

"And you're sure that it's safe?"

"Of course."

The stylists led Peeta and Katniss on District Twelve's chariot as the anthem blasted. The mere sound of Panem's anthem made Felix nauseous and he regretted letting Effie wake him up to go to the parade while in his current situation. He wished he could've gotten Haymitch to go in his place but everyone knew that it wouldn't happen any time so there Felix was.

The chariot from District 1 rode out, followed by the chariot from District 2. Just as Cinna set the capes on fire, Felix felt someone stand next to him.

"Hey, Bow," he smiled.

Bowie Montgomery stood there, a look of awe visibly on her face as she watched how Katniss and Peeta almost glowed with the fire thankfully not burning them while Felix broke out into a smile at the sight as the chariot took off.

"Holy shit, Lix,"

Bowie was about five years younger than Felix, in fact, she had the title of being the youngest victor ever, having turned fourteen while in the games. Felix remembered her games the most in the years following his game, hers did happen the year after his though. She had dark brown hair and faded green eyes. She was from District 8, they made all the textiles for the country.

"Holy shit indeed," he grinned, "Anyway, how're your tributes going?"

"They're nervous, as always," she lowered her voice to a whisper, "Doesn't help that their costumes are horrendous make them look like clowns,"

"I remember you wearing that so...that makes you a clown?"

Bowie pushed his shoulder lightly, rolling her eyes with a scoff, "We don't talk about that,"

"Sure, we don't," Felix teased, lowering his voice to a mutter, "I'm never going to let that go till the day I die,"

Bowie sent him a quick glare, "Anyways, I should get going before my tributes come back. Also, are you free tonight? Some of the other victors are meeting up and it'd be depressing if I don't see my 'boyfriend' there."