Friends

(A/n: Welcome my lovelies to a new x reader <33 Just a quick thing to tell y'all! The reader is implied to be shorter than Kaveh (sorry, tall besties, welcome to my world >:) Anywhooo enjoy!)

Kaveh's POV

Sixteen Years Ago...

My life has been interesting, to say the least. I was born into a scholarly family. My father worked at the Akademiya. He was from the Rtawahist Darshan. My mother, on the other hand, was a famous graduate of Kshahrewar! She was an amazing architect, and I wanted to live up to her legacy. I was happy for most of it until I urged my father to participate in the Interdarshan Championship.

'Please, Father!' I urged

At first, my father was reluctant, but I had a little help with convincing him. My best friend (Y/n). She was my partner in crime. We were a dynamic duo. I'd known her since we were practically toddlers.

'Please, sir! Pretty please!' she begged him while standing at my side

Her bright (e/c) eyes shone as she begged.

'Alright, alright, you two.' Father responded, chuckling at our enthusiasm, 'How can I say no to that adorable face of yours (Y/n)?'

He pinched her cheek in an endearing manner, and once my father left, she huffed and crossed her arms. 

'I'm not cute!' she muttered while puffing her cheeks.

'You're right about that (N/n).' I began

'Thank y-'

'You're absolutely adorable.~' I teased

'KAVEH!' she yelled, swatting my arm playfully, and I chuckled in response

'What? I'm just stating facts.' I said smugly

'Bleh, I'm just stating facts.' she said, mocking my voice. 'Look at me, I'm Kaveh.'

'HEY, I DON'T SOUND LIKE THAT!' I yelled embarrassed

'You're right!' she said, snapping her fingers. 'You sound more like this!'

She mimicked the voice of a hilichurl.

'(Y/N)!' I said, annoyed.

She giggled in response. Something about her laugh made my heart race. She had a pretty smile and laugh and...no Kaveh! What the heck are you thinking? That's your best friend!

'C'mon, Kaveh! Let's go to the library! I need to pick up another book!'

'Another!? C'mon (Y/n), you're sounding like that stupid kid!'

'Hey, don't compare me to him!' she said dramatically. 'I'm not emotionless or boring! Now, if you'll excuse me...'

She started leaving the room quickly before I could register what was happening.

'H-HEY! WAIT FOR ME!' I yelled, chasing after her

'Last one, there is a stinky Sumpter Beast!' she called giggling

(Y/n)'s POV

I chuckled as I reached the library door first. Kaveh scrambled behind me while trying to catch his breath.

'What took ya so long, Mr.Stinky Sumpted Beast!~' I teased as he leaned his body against the door

'Don't call me that! You had a head start!'

'Not by a long shot.' I said proudly

'Show off.'

'Now stop being so grumpy and help me find my book.' I told him