Seeds of Desire

Alhaitham's POV

Of all the candidates, Senior (Y/n) was the one who stood out to me the most. I don't know why I kept calling her Senior (Y/n), but oh well. She was also a lawyer. That was indeed something that piqued my interest. Sumeru could really use a better lawmaker than just the General Mahamatra. I can't let Cyno hop around playing vigilante justice alone. She's stayed in Fontaine and gotten her degree from there, so I'm pretty sure she won't get corrupted easily.

I definitely respected her more than I respected Kaveh. When she came in, she did look dazed, though. Her movements were unsure and frigid. Sure, she tried to sass me, but it was a hesitant one. Was it perhaps because she was insecure and remembered the events that led to Kaveh and her falling out? She'd matured a lot too. She wasn't the same loud and rambunctious girl I knew before.

I had to return a book I'd borrowed and decided to go to the Akademiya's library. As I neared the shelf, I saw a soft light from a corner. I peeked to see no one. I shook my head in disappointment. I got curious over nothing.

'What a waste of electricity.' I muttered under my breath

My disappointment was, however, short lived. I heard a voice coming from the main office of the library.

'Thank you for the book again.' I heard (Y/n) say

She smiled at the attendant and walked out. Why was she up at this hour? It's probably none of my business. I'll leave her to it.

Kaveh's POV

The recent client has been a handful. He has almost unrealistic expectations. The amount of criticism I've gotten from him is impressive. I sighed as I went to a spot that usually cleared my head. To my surprise, there was someone sitting there. That was strange...no one knew this spot besides me. I neared the spot to see a woman sitting under the tree that was near my old childhood home. The woman looked quite familiar, and to my dismay, it was that crazy woman (Y/n). 

'Urgh, what are you doing here?' I blurted out

Shit, I really said that out loud!? She turned to me but didn't say anything. She looked sad. I felt a stab of guilt.

'Oh, it's you.' she muttered

'Well, it's me.' I responded, 'May I join you?'

She scooted and let me join her. When I looked at her more closely, I noticed her eyes were a bit glassy. She looked like she was trying not to cry. There were two bottles of alcohol next to her and a book. Hmm...she might be potentially drunk.

'How did you find this spot?' I asked, trying to make some conversation

'It was a childhood spot that I often came to when I was still living in Sumeru.'

'Is that so...do you come here to think?' I asked

She nodded in response. She sighed a bit, staring at her vision for a second before looking at me. She looked like she was about to say something but didn't.

'Is something bothering you?' I asked

'Well...you could say that.' she said

I'd never seen this side of her. She was calmer, and she wasn't well...yelling at me. I could tell she was trying to avoid the topic.

'You used to live in Sumeru?' I asked

'I was born here and used to live in that house.' she said, pointing to the one next to my childhood home.

'Really? Then we must've been neighbors.'

She scoffed and took a swig of alcohol.

'Like that would happen.' she said. 'With your memory? There's no way.'

'I have an excellent memory!' I argued, and she laughed

'Sure you do Veh Veh.'

'Stop calling me that!'

'Why? Does it bug you, Veh Veh!?' she said, smirking at me.

'It does bug me...a lot.'

'Good.' she said before taking another swig

'What is your problem?' I asked, annoyed. 'Also, lay off that alcohol!'

I tried to take away the bottle from the clearly drunk woman.

'Hey, that's mine! Get your own Veh Veh!' she said immediately, swiping it away.

'You're drunk, woman!' I said, trying to reach for it again

'No, I'm not!'

There she is again...the crazy woman from before. This cool conversation felt too good to be true anyway.

'Yes, you are! Now give it to me, Sunshine!'

Her eyes widened, and her grip faltered for a second, which gave me enough time to take the bottle out of her hands.

'What did you just call me?' she whispered.

'Sunshine?' I said uncertainly

'Do you remember me!?'

'What do you mean by that!?' I asked, annoyed. 'Do we know each other?'

'Of course, you're going to feign ignorance.' she said, rolling her eyes and sitting back.

'What's that supposed to mean?'

'Nevermind.' she said as she stumbled to stand

'Where are you going!?'

'Home.' She said as she got up

'You're too drunk to go home on your own.' I argued, getting up after her.

She swiftly turned and unsheathed her sword, pointing the sharp end at my neck. My eyes widened, and my breath hitched.

'I'm still sober enough to kill you.' she said darkly. 'Stay away from me, Light of Kshahrewar. It's for your own good.'

'You can't tell me what to do (Y/n).' I argued

(Y/n)'s POV

I kept my hand steady. I wanted to scare him...make him fear me so that he'd stay away from me. Every single night, I feel myself reaching out to him. I hoped that it was a bad dream, but it was not. It's cold, harsh reality. Whenever I looked into his red irises I can hear the fake me.

"This can all be ours (N/n)! We can have our happy ending! We can have everything!"

I could see her insane (e/c) look into mine. Her crazed laugh as she grabbed my hands.

"Submit Submit Submit!" I suddenly heard a male voice say and my body ran cold

My grip faltered and my sword fell out of my hands.

'(Y/n)?' Kaveh said before I started running

'I have to go.' I blurted out

"SUBMIT TO ME (Y/N)!"

The voice grew louder and louder the farther I ran. 

'GET OUT OF MY HEAD!' I screamed grabbing my head

The seeds of desire have been implanted into my brain. That's exactly why I need to keep Kaveh away from me. I come from the land of Justice and I intend to live by the rules I was brought up by.