The Girl From My Childhood

Kaveh's POV

I sighed before approaching the old lady's house. My hands hovered above the door knocker. Alright, Kaveh, you can do this. I knocked on the door, and after a few seconds an old woman opened the door.

'Oh, Kaveh! How are you, sweetie.' she said, smiling

'Hello, Auntie Dara.' I said, smiling at her

'What brings you here?' she asked as we walked inside her house

The house seemed so familiar for some odd reason.

'I just wanted to ask you about the previous owner of this house.'

'The previous owner? Well, it belonged to Kaur and William (L/n).'

'Kaur...as in the famous Amruta Darshan graduate?'

'Yes, and I think she used to live here with her daughter! Come to think of it, she might be your age by now.'

'Do you know the girl's name by any chance? O-Or do you know where I can find her?'

'Sweetie, I'm afraid you've come thirteen years too late. Kaur's daughter had moved to Fontaine to stay with her uncle a long time ago.'

'Was her name (Y/n)?'

'Yes, I think that was the daughter's name. The poor girl had such a rough childhood.' she responded, shaking her head.

'Was she abused?' I asked uncertainly

'What archons, no! The poor girl's parents loved her to death, but they had to leave for Celestia too soon.' she mused. 'Her father was murdered when she was young, and Kaur had to raise her all by herself. Unfortunately, Kaur was murdered too when (Y/n) turned eleven by some unknown man. Most people assumed it was one of the Desert Eremites.'

'Oh, I see.'

'I'm surprised you don't remember her. You two used to be the best of friends when you were younger. Like an adorable married couple.'

'W-We were?' I asked with my cheeks dusting pink

'Yes indeed. You two were inseparable!' she said, chuckling a bit

'Oh...'

She sighed a bit before speaking up.

'You seem tense. Is something the matter?'

'W-What, no, nothing at all! I'm completely fine, Auntie Dara. Don't worry about me.' I responded, 'I-I need to get going soon.'

'But you barely had time to have tea.'

I cringed a bit. Don't get me wrong, Auntie Dara is a sweet lady, but her tea...let's just say it needs work.

'I'm really sorry, Auntie Dara. I really need to get going. Maybe next time?'

'Alright, alright.' she said with a smile. 'I won't let you go next time!'

I chuckled and left.

(Y/n)'s POV

Another way to move on is to be able to visit my parents' graves.  I went to a nearby flower vendor and bought a bouquet of Kappa Lata flowers. They were my mom's favorite. I smiled at them when another flower caught the corner of my eye. It was a bunch of Mourning Flowers. The crimson flowers were known to bloom even on ancient battlefields or flourish in the depths of the desert.

'Those are...Mourning flowers, right?'

The vendor nodded in response.

'Are you interested in purchasing some Mourning flowers?' the vendor asked

'Well...' I began

'I'm sorry, ma'am, but they're not for sale.' she said

'Why?' I asked in confusion as I stared at the abundance of flowers

'Someone's already ordered all of my Mourning flowers.' she explained. 'He's my regular. He always orders the most out of all my clients.'

I didn't know they had become so popular. No one usually grows Mourning flowers or sells them. At least, that was how it was when I was a child. Whoever her client is really likes them. I mean, whatever floats your boat. I heard the quick clacking of shoes approaching the vendor, and I didn't need to look to tell who it was. I simply took the flowers and walked away. There were a few more things I needed to buy anyway.

I made my way to the graveyard. I walked to the graves of my parents, William and Kaur (L/n). I placed small mementos in front of their graves. To my dismay, Uncle Kian's grave was there too.

'Umm...hi mom, hi dad.' I began staring at their graves. 'I-It's been a while, hasn't it?'

Part of me wished to hear a response from them, but there was none. They'd been gone for over thirteen years now. I took in a shaky breath.

'I never thought I'd come back here...but I'm back!' I said, letting out a pitiful laugh. 'A-And dad, I got a job in the Akademiya just like you always dreamt about. I stayed with Uncle Wrio for a while, but now I'm here. I-I really miss you both.'

I felt tears roll down my cheeks as I kept talking to the graves. Then I turned to Uncle Kian's grave. I felt guilt and hate flood my thoughts as I stared at the tombstone.

"In loving memory of Kian, the friend of all."

The friend of all my ass. He ruined my life! He was the reason everything happened...but it was all my fault at the end of the day. I could resent him to cope, but it was of no use. The cold, hard truth stared me right in the face. He was dead, and I was the cause. Kaveh was right about one thing. I did kill his father, but it wasn't my fault! If he'd just listened to me that day. If he'd just trusted me!

'I hate you.' I whispered under my breath, 'I hate you, Uncle Kian. I hope you know that.'

I was bitter and resentful. Uncle Kian wasn't what everyone thought he was. He was a killer, too.

'Senior (Y/n)?' I heard a voice say behind me, and I froze in place

I slowly turned around to see Alhaitham. He was standing a few paces away from me with some flowers in his hands. I wiped my eyes quickly. Get a grip on yourself (N/n)!

'A-Alhaitham!' I said, but my voice came out as a pathetic squeak. 'W-What are you doing here?'

'I'm here to visit my late grandmother. And you?'

I looked back at the gravestones behind me. I wiped my eyes.

'Nothing.'

'Your eyes tell me otherwise.'

For a moment, I saw emotion in his eyes. They looked worried and concerned. I sighed a bit.

'I'm visiting someone...' I mumbled

'That's your parents' graves, isn't it?'

I nodded weakly.

'And Kaveh's father's grave.' I said, 'That bastard's grave!'

His eyes widened in surprise.

'What?'

I looked up and saw Kaveh standing a few paces away with his eyes wide. He'd heard me, and I didn't care. I was being honest, after all. Your father wasn't that great man everyone thinks he is. I know what he really is. A cold hearted murderer!