Dark Memories

(TW: Mention of Eating Disorder)

I looked down, fidgeting nervously.

'Why didn't you go to the General Mahamatra? Or literally anyone?' Alhaitham asked with an eyebrow raised

'I was eleven! I was a kid. I was reckless and scared.' I said, letting out an annoyed laugh

'Right...' he said

'Is there anything else you need from me?'

'No.'

'Fine.' I was about to leave when I froze at the door. 'Alhaitham, can I ask you something?'

'What do you need?' he asked

'What did happen to Kaveh after I left?' I said softly

'Don't you think that's something you should ask him yourself?'

I turned back to the door, and my hand squeezed the handle tightly. I want to talk to him. I really did, but he hated me, and I needed him to. Even if he did remember me, he'd still hate me. I killed his father, after all. Either way...he was going to hate me. I sighed and gritted my teeth. No (Y/n)! This is good! This is good enough to keep him safe. By the time I left the Akademiya, the sun had set. It was a dull night. 

'(N/n)!' I heard my father's voice

'B-Baba?' I muttered

'Come home...' he said, smiling at me

I started walking towards him when suddenly I started having a terrible headache.

'Argh!' I said in pain.

My vision started to blur. Maybe the gas was causing it all. I was walking but kept stumbling with my knees buckling. I leaned against a pole. Ok, maybe I should stay still and take some deep breaths, and the headache will go away. Just some deep breaths...some calming... breaths.

'Ba...ba.' I muttered, reaching out for him

My thoughts became foggy before I fell to the ground. The last thing I saw was a blurry form of a blonde man running toward me.

Kaveh's POV

I was walking back home when I heard someone groan in pain. My curiosity got the best of me, and I went to investigate. It was (Y/n). She looked like she was in a lot of pain, and she might pass out. Her hand was holding her head.

'Deep...breaths.' (Y/n) mumbled to herself 'De-'

Her voice slurred more until she suddenly passed out.

'(Y/N)!' I yelled, running to her body.

I gently tapped her cheek, trying to wake her up.

'(Y/n)?' (Y/N) wake up!' I said, but she didn't budge; at least she was breathing. I paced back and forth. 'OK, what should I do...I can't just leave her here, but then again, she might get the wrong idea if she wakes up and sees me carrying her!'

I heard her groan in pain, and she looked in a lot of pain.

'Don't...go.' she mumbled.

Looks like she mumbles in her sleep huh?

'Oh, what the hell? I'll take her home.' I said as I carefully picked her up

I pocketed her keys, which had fallen out when she'd passed out. I did not touch anything, ok! I am not that kind of man!

I started making my way to her home and unlocked her front door. Her house was pretty nice. She'd landed herself a pretty sweet place. Things were all in order and stored away. Her house was way more organized than my room. It was embarrassing, to be honest. I carefully put her on her bed and checked her forehead and immediately retracted it. She was burning up. Urgh, I was supposed to just drop her off, but I can't leave here with a fever.

(Y/n)'s POV

***Dream***

Wriothesley's POV

It had been weeks since (Y/n) had come to Fontaine. She avoided people and didn't eat food. The doctors told me she'd developed Anorexia nervosa. It was an eating disorder where people barely ate anything or avoided food. She also developed eye contact anxiety. She could never look people in the eye, not even...me. I knocked on her bedroom with a plate of food.

'Come in.' she responded with her voice barely above a whisper.

She was sitting on the floor, hugging her knees. Her food was still where I'd left it earlier.

'You haven't eaten your lunch.' I said, sitting down next to her

'I don't deserve to eat food.' she whispered angrily. 

'Not after what I did.' she whimpered

'It was self defense (N/n).' I tried to reason

'Kaveh doesn't believe that.' she mumbled, burying her face in her knees. 'He hates me.'

'(Y/n), he's a kid, and why does his opinion matter so much to you?'

Her voice got shaky, and tears rolled down her cheeks. Her breath hitched before she spoke up again.

'It matters because he's my best friend, and now I can never go home.' she said

'That's not true.'

'How is it, not Uncle Wrio!' she said, glaring at me. 'Kaveh must've told the Akademiya what happened. From his perspective, I'm the bad guy! It wasn't my fault! It's not fair! He called me a murderer while his dad killed my mom, and he nearly killed me! If someone's a murderer, it's Uncle Kian, not me!'

She started ranting, upset and annoyed. Then she froze.

'But I couldn't save my mom...I'm a bad daughter.' she said as she took in a shaky breath.

'You're not a bad daughter (N/n).' I said, hugging her

'I miss home, Uncle Wrio...I wanna go home.'

'I know you do. You will one day, I promise.'

Kaveh's POV

I didn't know what I'd tell my mom. I don't want her to blame (Y/n)...I don't want her to go to jail. I stared at my Dad's body. Ok, first, I need to get rid of it. I looked around my surroundings until I noticed some quicksand. That'll do. I pulled my dad's body before shoving him into the quicksand. I opened the door to my home.

'Kaveh! Oh, thank the Archons, you're ok!' my mom said. 'Where have you been!?'

'I...I went out into the desert to find Dad with (Y/n).'

'Did you find them?'

Ok, Kaveh! Think of an excuse...think of a lie you can tell her.

'Mom...Dad's dead.'

Her hands flew to her mouth as she let out a choked sob

'W-What?'

'I saw him drown in quicksand. I was too late, and his head had gone too deep in.' I explained

At least that wasn't a complete lie.

'Where's (Y/n)?'

'I...I uh lost track of her. I didn't find her anywhere near Dad's body.'

'We should send a search party for her then!'

'NO! I-I mean no...she's ok. I think she went home.'

'Ok, I'll check on her then.'

'N-No, Mom! She told me she's planning to leave Sumeru.'

'Huh? Kaur didn't say anything about leaving.'

'I uh...Auntie Kaur also drowned, and her uncle is coming to pick her up!'

Mom fell to the ground, sobbing.

'Oh Archons, that poor girl...she's lost so much.' she said, shaking her head

'W-We're going to be ok, right?'

'I hope so...'

***Dream***